Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love keeping a local kid and he is over the top athletically but i have seen him a couple of times and his shot was not good. Modern day Stevie Thompson's may not be the moniker someone wants for today's game. He has the total skill set except the one I want most in all our recruits...shooting.

I love keeping a local kid and he is over the top athletically but i have seen him a couple of times and his shot was not good. Modern day Stevie Thompson's may not be the moniker someone wants for today's game. He has the total skill set except the one I want most in all our recruits...shooting.
we have the shooting with others on the team. It wont hurt nearly as much as it would in other years.

One thing we're not going to lack when he gets into college are shooters around him. He'll be fine

A kid like Jackson is a PERFECT fit. Yes, we love shooters and are recruiting more and more. But we don’t need all shooters on the court. He’ll give us another look being an athletic slasher which with the shooters we have opens up a lot. The shooters will provide him room to operate going inside because teams can’t collapse. And his skills and threat to drive to the basket opens things up a little for the shooters. It’s a win win. Not to mention he’s long and supposed to be a great defender.

A kid like Jackson is a PERFECT fit. Yes, we love shooters and are recruiting more and more. But we don’t need all shooters on the court. He’ll give us another look being an athletic slasher which with the shooters we have opens up a lot. The shooters will provide him room to operate going inside because teams can’t collapse. And his skills and threat to drive to the basket opens things up a little for the shooters. It’s a win win. Not to mention he’s long and supposed to be a great defender.

Also a good passer from the 2/3 spot. He will average 3-4 dimes a game just kicking it out to shooters..add in what he does in the open floor and this is a perfect fit.

The sad thing is that you could plug in any name from UNC going back five seasons and have the statement still be true.

I remember easily beating them in 2014 and thinking that after the past 5 years(blowing them out in ‘09-‘10 and going 30-5, 34-3, final four, 25-0 start) we had clearly surpassed them as a program, and they were in our rear view mirror as we would battle Duke for ACC supremacy in the coming years.

SMH.

Jerami Grant no shot but athleticism and it worked out great. I know Grant was a 3/4 and Jackson is a 2/3 but now that we have a shooter in Edwards at the 5 that can spread the floor along with JG3 and buddy Jackson will have several driving lanes.

I remember easily beating them in 2014 and thinking that after the past 5 years(blowing them out in ‘09-‘10 and going 30-5, 34-3, final four, 25-0 start) we had clearly surpassed them as a program, and they were in our rear view mirror as we would battle Duke for ACC supremacy in the coming years.

SMH.

And then... The most unprecedented penalties in NCAA history. SMH.

My kingdom for Stevie Thompson Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors