Class of 2021 - SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, but not the point.They won’t likely be able to play at the same time. But I know there’s folks out there who will claim otherwise.
So what is? Benny is 6’8 185 and still has another year and a half before he steps on campus. Woody is 6’8 190 as of last November. That is some serious height for the 3 and 4 and they’ll both fill out their frames.

Why can’t they play at the same time?

EDIT: I think Benny/Newton can play the back together, but it won’t be very long stretches mostly because of the potential log jam back there. I think in 2022 Westry/Benny start back there; who knows with 2021

count me among them. it isn't unprecedented
Correct. When we play small teams that shoot a lot of 3s we will NEED them to play together, when we play teams that want to pound us on the glass probably not as much because of rebounding.

This is why recruiting players that gives us that flexibility is important, being able to play "small" while being long in the zone.

1bennycommithQCcN1SZsETK.gif

I’m really excited about this kid. Benny is going to be a STUD here and I can’t say that’s enough. If we get Mac in this class too which isn’t impossible but will be tough, watch out. Then you add in Dior, most likely Westry and a couple other players. Those two classes combined will have us competing for a championship again. I also think Frank will be a solid player for us. I don’t expect much from him offensively but I think defensively he compares to Christmas, I think Richmond is the type of player we have been missing. We need someone who can penetrate and kick to open shooters like Buddy, Joe and Griffin. I don’t think Richmond will ever be an AA but I think he will outperform his ranking. And if I’m being honest I’m not totally sold on Newton yet, I think he can be a solid rebounder and defender but I think his offensive game needs a lot of work. Not saying it can’t happen but it has a bit to go. I think these next 3 classes are a huge foundation of getting back to the Syracuse ways and I think we are more than on our way with who we have committed and signed.

Has anyone comped Cam Johnson (Pitt/UNC/Suns)?
I'd love to say that Benny wants to go to class, but I think Cam was a Grad Transfer after 3 seasons at Pitt.,

I’m really excited about this kid. Benny is going to be a STUD here and I can’t say that’s enough. If we get Mac in this class too which isn’t impossible but will be tough, watch out. Then you add in Dior, most likely Westry and a couple other players. Those two classes combined will have us competing for a championship again. I also think Frank will be a solid player for us. I don’t expect much from him offensively but I think defensively he compares to Christmas, I think Richmond is the type of player we have been missing. We need someone who can penetrate and kick to open shooters like Buddy, Joe and Griffin. I don’t think Richmond will ever be an AA but I think he will outperform his ranking. And if I’m being honest I’m not totally sold on Newton yet, I think he can be a solid rebounder and defender but I think his offensive game needs a lot of work. Not saying it can’t happen but it has a bit to go. I think these next 3 classes are a huge foundation of getting back to the Syracuse ways and I think we are more than on our way with who we have committed and signed.
All Frank will have to do is catch and finish.

All Frank will have to do is catch and finish.
Exactly, pretty much all Christmas did until his senior year as well lol
I really think that’s his best comp. when we have players like JG3, Griffin, Benny, Dior, Westry, Richmond, Marek and Buddy we don’t need Frank to be a go to offensive threat. Where he will shine is defensively and on the boards. Dude has LONG arms and is a hell of an athlete...all of which help defensively in the zone and rebounding. He’ll be good for us!

I watched franks tape and thought the kid looked way underrated. Cant say right now or not whether he will be an impact player on the offensive end but i think he has the right mentality where its possible. I am not sold on newton either. I hope he can be a good garbage man. All teams need that. Hopefully, i habe a huge egg on my face for making such a comment.

I watched franks tape and thought the kid looked way underrated. Cant say right now or not whether he will be an impact player on the offensive end but i think he has the right mentality where its possible. I am not sold on newton either. I hope he can be a good garbage man. All teams need that. Hopefully, i habe a huge egg on my face for making such a comment.
No one seems overly pumped about Newton; the kid is a 4 star for a reason. I hope he proves us wrong

No one seems overly pumped about Newton; the kid is a 4 star for a reason. I hope he proves us wrong
I’m no one. I’m more (slightly) pumped about Woody than Frank. Maybe it’s just the versatility? Maybe it’s just that I’ve seen more from him in full games and highlight vids?

Status
Not open for further replies.