Class of 2021 - SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we ever fielded a team of two 5 stars on the court? 2022 is likely to have at least 4 on the roster
Ok, so Dior, Benny...Roddy might get there...who are you hearing that we have a good Chance with? See what I did there? But, I don’t think Westry is a 5 star yet.

I was taking new meds , so forgive me about the past rosters. Don’t need to be snarky buddy
All good man! Definitely exciting times in recruting for cuse!

Benny, Dior, Roddy, Chance are my locks at this point.

Roddy AND Chance, you say?

1598293175321.gif

How about a team that has Dion Waiters, MCW, Fab Melo, DaJuan Coleman and Rakeem Christmas? Or, LeRon Ellis, DC, Stevie and Billy Owens?

Technically DaJuan didn’t play with Dion or Fab since they left in 2012 and he came the following season but I get what you’re saying. Even our 2008 team had multiple 5 stars if you count Devo and Paul with Jonny and Donte. Also, I know Sherman being a 5 star has been often debated but that 1989 team was one of our most loaded (and complete) rosters ever.

Ok, so Dior, Benny...Roddy might get there...who are you hearing that we have a good Chance with? See what I did there? But, I don’t think Westry is a 5 star yet.
personally, i'm not counting on dior until he actually forgoes the g-league option upon graduation.
if he continues his trajectory, it doesn't make any sense - especially financially - for a player of his caliber to attend university

that scenario is very realistic. Chance is being recruited for 3 positions fyi

A lot depends on what happens with Dior, which class he ends up in, etc.

personally, i'm not counting on dior until he actually forgoes the g-league option upon graduation.
if he continues his trajectory, it doesn't make any sense - especially financially - for a player of his caliber to attend university
Disagree. Dior will likely be able to make more money off endorsements and NIL playing major college basketball than he would in a G League that nobody watches.

Disagree. Dior will likely be able to make more money off endorsements and NIL playing major college basketball than he would in a G League that nobody watches.
that's laughable. the nba marketing machine dwarfs anything in the college ranks, excepting maybe, maybe, sec football.

jalen green will make over $1 million
that's year one money
it will be more for dior

more for dior . . . that's a good pick up line for aggressive agents

i don't think any top tier prospect will play college ball by 2022

of course, it would be great for syracuse basketball if i'm wrong

but i'm not

that's laughable. the nba marketing machine dwarfs anything in the college ranks, excepting maybe, maybe, sec football.

that's year one money
it will be more for dior

but i'm not
It does seem the kid really wants to play at Syracuse for a year. And guys have turned down the NBA
after high school, back in the day, and gone to college for a year. I get your point about the money. Time will tell.

Oh, and Benny, Roddy and Chance aren't 5 stars, yet. And if they all sign with Syracuse, sadly, they probably won't be.

I don't believe there is any chance that Dior reclassifies.
that's my point. If he stays in the class of 2022, then there's not only one less spot available, but it makes it less likely it's another was other lead guard prospects would come to play second fiddle. Prospects always talked about wanting to be package deals and play together, but when it comes time for the rubber to hit the road, they generally opt for whatever is the best choice for them individually.

it is nearly impossible for me to envision Dior, Zion, West Street, and Gail all coming together. And no offense to what anyone supposed to be the thread, it's borderline crazy to think that they would. Any one of those guys would be a team's top recruit.

that's my point. If he stays in the class of 2022, then there's not only one less spot available, but it makes it less likely it's another was other lead guard prospects would come to play second fiddle. Prospects always talked about wanting to be package deals and play together, but when it comes time for the rubber to hit the road, they generally opt for whatever is the best choice for them individually.

it is nearly impossible for me to envision Dior, Zion, West Street, and Gail all coming together. And no offense to what anyone supposed to be the thread, it's borderline crazy to think that they would. Any one of those guys would be a team's top recruit.
I can see Dior, Chance and Roddy all coming. I have never thought and said so that Zion would be part of this. I think Roddy will be willing to wait a year. And Chance can play other positions his first year.

I can see Dior, Chance and Roddy all coming. I have never thought and said so that Zion would be part of this. I think Roddy will be willing to wait a year. And Chance can play other positions his first year.
given the way that Gayle is ascending the rankings, I'm not sure that I agree. I think that was the original hope, but I'm not sure that it will be applicable anymore.

that's year one money
it will be more for dior

but i'm not
Do you think Melo made more money or less money based on his decision to become an Orangeman?

Keep in mind a quick google search showed me he has the 6th largest rookie sneaker deal of all time. Of the 5 people in front of him, only 1 skipped college, Bron

Last edited:
Do you think Melo made more money or less money based on his decision to become an Orangeman?

Keep in mind a quick google search showed me he has the 6th largest rookie sneaker deal of all time. Of the 5 people in front of him, only 1 skipped college, Bron
i think a few things may have changed since then my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors