Class of 2022 - SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah multiple players were doing these type of shoots. reportedly dropping a top 5 in the coming weeks. I assume he takes his senior visits then makes a decision
Pretty confident we will be in that top 5?

how about we bet Cuserunner says he's not good enough
He is a good athletic shooter but has not shown any other facets (defense, passing, rebounding) yet. I agree with others that if we get him okay and if we don’t then that’s okay too. Don’t need single facet players. Hopefully he will show the ability to do more than shoot and dunk.

He is a good athletic shooter but has not shown any other facets (defense, passing, rebounding) yet. I agree with others that if we get him okay and if we don’t then that’s okay too. Don’t need single facet players. Hopefully he will show the ability to do more than shoot and dunk.
Strange post.

Yea the last thing we need is a guy with good size, a good shooting stroke and good athleticism.

Yea the last thing we need is a guy with good size, a good shooting stroke and good athleticism.
Okay, better stated to say that I would rather have Chance Westry, Kyle Filiopowski, Quadir Copeland, JJ Starling and Peter Carey rather than Chris Bunch. if I can’t have one or more of the forementioned, sure I would welcome Chris Bunch.

Okay, better stated to say that I would rather have Chance Westry, Kyle Filiopowski, Quadir Copeland, JJ Starling and Peter Carey rather than Chris Bunch. if I can’t have one or more of the forementioned, sure I would welcome Chris Bunch.
Hopefully we're getting at least one from that "bunch".

Such a weird post. Bunch coming here has nothing to do with who you listed since he’s more of a 3 and everyone else you listed was a guard or a 4/5.

Such a weird post. Bunch coming here has nothing to do with who you listed since he’s more of a 3 and everyone else you listed was a guard or a 4/5.
Let’s see. Aren’t our two verbal commits SF like? Justin Taylor is a 6’7” 2/3 that wants to fill Buddy Boeheim’s vacancy. Kamari Lands is a 6’8” 2/3 that wants to play Guard. Chris Branch is a 6’7” who says he can play 1/2/3. if we get all three, there is a lot of SF/2G overlap. Maybe rebounds will come from somewhere.

Let’s see. Aren’t our two verbal commits SF like? Justin Taylor is a 6’7” 2/3 that wants to fill Buddy Boeheim’s vacancy. Kamari Lands is a 6’8” 2/3 that wants to play Guard. Chris Branch is a 6’7” who says he can play 1/2/3. if we get all three, there is a lot of SF/2G overlap. Maybe rebounds will come from somewhere.
I feel good about Peter Carey if we push, and by all accounts we will get Copeland. So let's say for giggles we had Taylor, Bunch, Copeland, Lands and Carey out on the court at the same time...the smallest guy is Copeland at 6' 6" and the biggest is Carey at 7' 1". However shall we find rebounds?

nothing wrong with 3 players for the 2/3 spots.

Yep you got me. We would have 3 kids coming in who are 6’7” and could all play the 1,2 or 3. That does sound terrible

You do realize we will have more than 3 scholarship players right?

nothing wrong with 3 players for the 2/3 spots.
In 2003, Duany, Pace played the 2, 3, Billy, Gerry 1, 2.Hak, and MELO 3,4. McNeal, Forth, and sometimes Hak the 5.

I don't see the problem. Lands could be a 1 and done, and probably isn't staying for more than 2.

Bringing in a guy like Bunch might not pay immediate dividends, because as you point out those positions will be crowded, but he could be a guy who steps in as a second or third-year player, filling in for Lands as an experienced replacement.

I understand where you're coming from in terms of him being one-dimensional [shooter] at this stage of his developmental curve, but I'd rather have too much depth than not enough.

I feel good about Peter Carey if we push, and by all accounts we will get Copeland. So let's say for giggles we had Taylor, Bunch, Copeland, Lands and Carey out on the court at the same time...the smallest guy is Copeland at 6' 6" and the biggest is Carey at 7' 1". However shall we find rebounds?
By boxing out, hustling and being physical: the SU staples

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online