Class of 2022 - SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about that - all their games will be on TV and nobody wants to be seen on TV dogging it. I think Kadary had the same rep out of high school - that he had a low motor. To varying degrees, every one of these kids have to be competitors. When they see how hard everyone else is pushing, they tend to turn it up a notch. We shall see.

Clearly. Bunch played at a highly rated prep powerhouse, competing frequently against peers that were as highly ranked / more highly ranked than him, who were also on par athletically. When a player shows little inclination to rebound at the HS level at the highest level of HS competition, do people honestly expect that a switch is going to magically flip when he arrives at SU? It rarely, if ever, happens that way. Some guys are wired to play with more intensity, and get after it; others are not. Bunch fits into the latter category.

No amount of wishful thinking can change the empirical evidence. I invite people to watch full games and not just highlight reels [or looking at stats] when forming such opinions.

He certainly has the physical tools to excel. He also has the size to be a decent defender on the back line in the zone. But the evidence, while certainly not the final chapter in how his story will unfold at SU, is cause for concern and something to pay attention to. Because we have 46 years worth of chapters from his soon-to-be-college-coach, showing that he has limited tolerance and only affords a short amount of rope to freshman who don't put forth the effort said coach requires.

Needs room to get that off. Reasonably quick release but little elevation and low release point.
Yeah. Good result, but he's just reinforcing bad form with repetition. Maybe G Mac can help with that.

Needs room to get that off. Reasonably quick release but little elevation and low release point.
That's an unbelievably low release point. How do you let it get to that?

Ben Simmons released video of him knocking down three after three. These gym videos are so dumb. It was ridiculous when Melo did it.

Also, please stop comparing his shot to legit NBA stars. There are other factors at play for NBA stars that allow them to not have perfect form.

Bunch’s release is fine. He prob won’t get to be a lights out three point shooter here, but its not catastrophic.

I’m way more concerned about what RF2044 outlined. Hope he sees the opportunity at hand with our roster and seizes it.

Re: Bunch’s motor, I don’t think it’s super uncommon for low motor guys in high school to turn into passable motor guys in college. Woody Newton for example was that way in high school and I think he was fine once he got here.

I think part of it with Bunch is less motor and more just a lack of physicality. He’s a good athlete but he doesn’t really utilize the athleticism outside of transition buckets and the very rare putback.

He flat out was not good this season but I do think he has the potential to be good in college. Not really something I’d be counting on but the potential is there.

Re: Bunch’s motor, I don’t think it’s super uncommon for low motor guys in high school to turn into passable motor guys in college. Woody Newton for example was that way in high school and I think he was fine once he got here.

I think part of it with Bunch is less motor and more just a lack of physicality. He’s a good athlete but he doesn’t really utilize the athleticism outside of transition buckets and the very rare putback.

He flat out was not good this season but I do think he has the potential to be good in college. Not really something I’d be counting on but the potential is there.
All the more reason why our lack of interest in a more proven F commodity is not only puzzling, but borderline criminal.

It’s fine. Go watch Trae Young. It’s even lower.
It really isn’t fine. Trae Young can blow by and that limits a defenders ability to defend the shot. Different positions, different skill sets. Not saying it can’t fit into his game as is, but it’s a factor.

It really isn’t fine. Trae Young can blow by and that limits a defenders ability to defend the shot. Different positions, different skill sets. Not saying it can’t fit into his game as is, but it’s a factor.

Not really

The Syracusefan shot doctors rushing to breakdown the release point of Bunch's jumper... uncontested... in a gym workout session...
running-down.gif

The Syracusefan shot doctors rushing to breakdown the release point of Bunch's jumper... uncontested... in a gym workout session...
running-down.gif
So one shoots differently in a workout session when uncontested? Trust me, you don’t. There’s this little thing called muscle memory. You practice how you play. It was just an observation, but your response betrays significant lack of knowledge.

So one shoots differently in a workout session when uncontested? Trust me, you don’t. There’s this little thing called muscle memory. You practice how you play. It was just an observation, but your response betrays significant lack of knowledge.
I love a good betrayal.

I have literally worked with college athletes for 15 years, including attending basketball practices weekly, sitting on the bench during a games, traveling to games with the team, etc. you can check my credentials if you’d like.

I’m really not sure I should make the effort, but I’ll try… you do realize that basketball is situational, right? Nobody, & I mean nobody trains for ONE style shot or form for all game circumstances, including jumpers. “Muscle memory” doesn’t mean it’s just the same shot on all spots on the floor for all situations. That’s ridiculous.

It seems clear to me you really have a very limited understanding of basketball, and also take yourself pretty seriously as an expert of some kind… but keep going on with shot breakdowns, doctor. We’re all here for it.

honestly asking, if his shot is so not college ready, and his game performances so poor, how did he end up being a top 100 recruit offered by multiple high major programs? Salesmanship of his agent dad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom