Class of 2022 - SF Jarace Walker (FL) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Jarace Walker (FL) Offered

I've been told by a very reliable source its Red's program when JB steps down. I think this helps us out a lot with recruiting. With that said I have been told that regularly for the past 2 years he is the head coach in waiting. Same person who told me all the college game day information so very reliable
The way it should be .

Red would be a great choice and would cover the important element of eliminating uncertainty. He clearly has the ability to recruit and having cut his teeth before coming to SU and now having some time to really learn and grow like Hop did makes it a winning scenario. You can't understand the power and messaging as a university of having both major sports programs being led by African Americans. In today's tumultuous environment I can't think of a better way to be a leader in both putting faith in strong ambassadors and leaders as well as being a trailblazer much like we were 70 some years ago.

I've been told by a very reliable source its Red's program when JB steps down. I think this helps us out a lot with recruiting. With that said I have been told that regularly for the past 2 years he is the head coach in waiting. Same person who told me all the college game day information so very reliable
That's what I heard too...from Benny Williams

Zion 60%
Gayle 30%
Chance 100%
Kaluma 10%
Walker 30%
Etienne 80%

Follow-up question: Is there anyone that is not on this list that you feel like we have a greater than 50% chance of getting? Meaning, are we chasing other high-end prospects that we haven’t been discussing here? No names required (yet)...

Follow-up question: Is there anyone that is not on this list that you feel like we have a greater than 50% chance of getting? Meaning, are we chasing other high-end prospects that we haven’t been discussing here? No names required (yet)...

Well, we literally just offered Top-50 SF Ty Rodgers.

He’s from Michigan, and follows Devo & DC.
And they follow him.

Read into that what you will.

Plus SF Chris Bunch, and F Yann Farrell.

Staff is gonna offer a bunch of high profile guys and it’s a long way until the NLI for 2022s are due... it’ll be a long ride

IMG always has a squad but this one... wow! They could run a starting lineup of all 5-stars and their second 5 of all 4-stars...
Screenshot_20200616-232839_Instagram.jpg

I wouldn’t know how to react if Red is deemed HC but what I do know is that he should hire recruiting studs and make us the next Kentucky lolololol imagine red and a team of recruiters sheeshh

I wouldn’t know how to react if Red is deemed HC but what I do know is that he should hire recruiting studs and make us the next Kentucky lolololol imagine red and a team of recruiters sheeshh

Wouldn’t hear me complaining, but what works for them may not be best for us. What helps make the Cuse so endearing, at least for me, and I’m sure most of us, is how much of a family JB has built the program into. Along with the greats we’ve had along the way that helped make the Cuse a household name, and continued to bleed Orange in the years after their college days were over. But, if we can add another Troy Weaver type, and it helps continue this momentum we’ve got going, then I’m all for it. Whatever works, and whatever it is, is working pretty damn well right now. All the faith in the world that Red will know how to keep it going.

Questions for Bulldog and LDavid,
Besides Dior, what has caused this shift in recruiting strategy to top 10-20 players? Just sanctions lifted?
What are the Cuse coaches selling to recruits that they weren't before?
Thanks!

I think Dior has played a huge role. I haven’t heard anything about Red being the next HC but it certainly could be a factor as well.

At the moment I can only speak on the players I’ve been talking about. The staff is keeping tabs on a few others so there will be some developments as the year goes on.

Jordan what do you think here? I mean give me a team of 5 stars but he seems less fluid than others but just overpowers. Runs like a Rudy Gay/Roberson combo

Jordan what do you think here? I mean give me a team of 5 stars but he seems less fluid than others but just overpowers. Runs like a Rudy Gay/Roberson combo
This "kid's" physique speaks for itself. He is a man at 16 years old. Could call him Quadzilla.. might be part of the reason for the way he runs. Strengths are defense/blocking shots & quick recovery to get out on the perimeter, rebounding, and finishing around the rim. Decent handles and a pretty good passer. He would be an interesting forward to pair next to year 2 Benny.

Last edited:
This "kid's" physique speaks for itself. He is a man at 16 year olds. Could call him Quadzilla.. might be part of the reason for the way he runs. Strengths are defense/blocking shots & quick recovery to get out on the perimeter, rebounding, and finishing around the rim. Decent handles and a pretty good passer. He would be an interesting forward to pair next to year 2 Benny.
You have elite athletes up top like Dior/Zion. Benny very much in the C.J. Fair mold but probably more athletic/better dribbler...then Etienne and Walker at the 4/5? I think it’s a fabulous mix of skill sets; we would be monsters on the boards

This "kid's" physique speaks for itself. He is a man at 16 year olds. Could call him Quadzilla.. might be part of the reason for the way he runs. Strengths are defense/blocking shots & quick recovery to get out on the perimeter, rebounding, and finishing around the rim. Decent handles and a pretty good passer. He would be an interesting forward to pair next to year 2 Benny.
OttoinGrotto

i’d like to second the suggestion of Quadzilla, thoughts?

Also, we need elite athletes who can mix it up for rebounds with the Notre Dame’s, UNC’s and UL’s of the world. Games where we can’t hit shots can still be won by boards and free throws.

You have elite athletes up top like Dior/Zion. Benny very much in the C.J. Fair mold but probably more athletic/better dribbler...then Etienne and Walker at the 4/5? I think it’s a fabulous mix of skill sets; we would be monsters on the boards
Yah I don't think we'd get out-rebounded by 29 (Ped-State) with that lineup. Walker's a beast.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom