Class of 2019 - SF Kahlil Whitney (NJ) to Kentucky | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF Kahlil Whitney (NJ) to Kentucky

Mike Waters says it’s pretty much down to Illinois, Kentucky and Louisville. He likely wants to be closer to his home in Chicago.

Good reason. What fun is success when you have no one to share it with

He stayed committed even when that was announced.
It seemed like the writing was on the wall for awhile though that he would leave, but again who knows I could be completely off base.

Whitney cut us. He G O N E !!!
Down to Illinois, Gtown, Kentucky & Oregon according to his twitter...Guess Louisville is out, and maybe distance isn't such a factor afterall (Oregon/Gtown).

I make the following statement with no hint of sour grapes. Whiteny is a tremendous athlete, an NBA caliber athlete.

But I'd rather have a more skilled wing who shoots the ball better and can put the ball on the floor. Guerrier [or failing that -- Quinones], come on down.

Last edited:
good riddance. it has been pretty obvious for a long time that he would not be Cuse bound. Now, maybe I won't have to see his name on this forum. Would rather read about real prospects for us.

I make the following statement with no hint of sour grapes. Whiteny is a tremendous athlete, an NBA caliber athlete.

But I'd rather have a more skilled wing who shoots the ball better and can put the ball on the floor. Guerrier [or failing that -- Quinones], come on down.
Agreed. I think Guerrier will prove to be the better player. And that's taking NOTHING away from Whitney. He's very very good. IDK it's just a gut feeling. Guerrier is IMO highly underrated.

Agreed. I think Guerrier will prove to be the better player. And that's taking NOTHING away from Whitney. He's very very good. IDK it's just a gut feeling. Guerrier is IMO highly underrated.

It cracks me up, whenever we lose a recruit the next guy in line is always a better player or fit. LMAO. Ostrichland . This type of freak we usually hardly ever land.

It cracks me up, whenever we lose a recruit the next guy in line is always a better player or fit. LMAO. Ostrichland . This type of freak we usually hardly ever land.
This does happen a lot on this board. I RARELY voice this type of opinion. When we lose out on guys, I'm usually one of the first to point out my concerns. I've openly spoken about people rationalize that our plans c and d are as good as our plan A. It is comical how much it happens.

In this case I actually think Guerrier can potentially be a better player. He has a very complete game. He can take it to the hole, has a midrange game, and his outside shot is very good too. He's got good energy and swagger. I actually really like him a lot. And trust me, I do NOT have a reputation of being a Orange colored glasses fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom