Class of 2019 - SF Kahlil Whitney (NJ) to Kentucky | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF Kahlil Whitney (NJ) to Kentucky

Think we should get on him ASAP. We really need another forward next year since the possibility of Hughes leaving is high and braswell a question mark. At worst he redshirts a year but could potential be eligible depending on a waiver.

If Marek stays and Eli leaves you gotta figure Q and MD will get the lions share of the minutes. I assume Whitney will want to start ASAP

If Marek stays and Eli leaves you gotta figure Q and MD will get the lions share of the minutes. I assume Whitney will want to start ASAP

Our scoring and overall play takes a huge dip if Q is the replacement for Hughes.

Think we should get on him ASAP. We really need another forward next year since the possibility of Hughes leaving is high and braswell a question mark. At worst he redshirts a year but could potential be eligible depending on a waiver.

Would he be eligible to play next year?

I think that's a good way to think about it. Elite athlete, unrefined basketball skill set, not much of a shooter.
Yep, a guy who if he is patient (maybe unlikely) could develop into a star in a couple seasons.

Saw this on Twitter earlier. I did not realize how little run he is getting at Kentucky. Guessing that he ends up training in hopes of getting drafted in NBA or ends up playing overseas.

certain % of Syracuse fans anytime a halfway prominent player transfers-
OMG WE GOT TO GET ON THIS GUY ASAP GET HIM ON CAMPUS
Wasn’t Whitney a guaranteed 1 and done recruit where ever he was going to end up? Not an attractive transfer candidate. Guess he is a 3 year and done now possibility to get his one year done. Of course, we believed that Quincy G. was an one and done candidate when he came here.

So why leave now ? He’s already burnt the year ...?? Is he eligible to immediately practice with the team he transfers to ? That would be the only reason

Wasn’t Whitney a guaranteed 1 and done recruit where ever he was going to end up? Not an attractive transfer candidate. Guess he is a 3 year and done now possibility to get his one year done. Of course, we believed that Quincy G. was an one and done candidate when he came here.

I don't think so -- kid can't shoot, so there isn't much NBA upside.

Recent article (very recent) on 2020 Mock Draft (ESPN) )has Whitney listed at #30.

Athletes get drafted all of the time which is why players of his type test the waters. It's easy to look dominant against smaller players. When you can't shoot at any level it sticks out in the college game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom