Class of 2019 - SF Kahlil Whitney (NJ) to Kentucky | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF Kahlil Whitney (NJ) to Kentucky

Kahlil Whitney had 20 points (8-20 from the floor, 0-4 from 3), 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 turnovers, and 1 block in his early game on Saturday vs. Team United.

He finished with 21 points (2-5 from three), 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 turnovers, and 1 block in a win against Barnes/Carey's FL team last night.

Last edited:
jordville you seem to be pretty in-tune with this class and these players. Who do you think ends up being our 2019 class? Always interested to hear thoughts from those who follow this closer than others.

jordville you seem to be pretty in-tune with this class and these players. Who do you think ends up being our 2019 class? Always interested to hear thoughts from those who follow this closer than others.

At this point...
Goodine, Quinones, Guerrier, Akok, Cockburn.

But could end up with someone like Ajak (haven't been all that impressed with him) if we cannot land one our BIG 3 I've been referring to. Quinones and Bishop are interesting if we can't reel in Guerrier or Whitney.

Last edited:
Who's Quinones? Searched forum and couldn't find a thread on him.

Who's Quinones? Searched forum and couldn't find a thread on him.

Lester Quinones (NYC shooting guard that plays at St. Bendict's and on the UA circuit for New Heights)... there is a thread for him. ;)

Whitney had 22 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists in a 5 point loss to Team CP3 this morning.

Last edited:
At this point...
Goodine, Quinones, Guerrier, Akok, Cockburn.

But could end up with someone like Ajak (haven't been all that impressed with him) if we cannot land one our BIG 3 I've been referring to. Quinones and Bishop are interesting if we can't reel in Guerrier or Whitney.
I'd take those 5. Cockburn and Guerrier infuses some high end talent in a hurry, and I like the other 3 a lot.

Another great weekend for Kahlil the Thrill! Here are some of his highlights from Hampton...

Why is he playing for an Illinois based program? I know that during AAU players are mercenaries for programs, but Jersey to the Midwest is one of the odder connections.

How do we stand with Kahlil? 2 4 7 has him 100% GT. Hard to imagine him going there over SU in the ACC (UVA also offered recently). But that's what they're saying.
I think somebody mentioned that 100% comes from one prediction.

That Atlanta rap scene & TNT studio tours are hard to beat. :p
You'd think those would be the last things a recruit would consider in evaluating a college program. But we all know differently. Recruiting's fluid and lots of things can happen. I feel better having pulled Braswell out of thin air, which eases the pressure. But '19's still a front-line restocking year with Chukwu and Brissett likely gone. And 2 4 7 has us either out of it or trailing with most of our front line prospects: Stewart (Duke), Achiuwa (Yukon lean) and now Whitney (GT). Even Cockburn, who was an SU lean is now listed as 50-50 with Yukon. We have some serious work to do.

Last edited:
How do we stand with Kahlil? 2 4 7 has him 100% GT. Hard to imagine him going there over SU in the ACC (UVA also offered recently). But that's what they're saying.

As in Georgia Tech? I don't see that happening. Last I saw, that one predictor at that site said Georgetown. And they still suck.

As for Whitney, he is playing his recruitment close to the vest. Not a lot info out there which way he is leaning. Based on his current offers, I'd say we have a good shot. But he has had quite a spring. More offers will keep coming in... and more have taken notice. Good news is that we were in on him early. Johnnies and his hometown Illinois have been on him the longest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom