Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is a hot mess lol. Remember this is still just a 17 year old kid, coming off a pandemic, making the most important decision of his life... and everyone handled this last year and 1/2 their own way and while he could have handled this process much better, not all 17 year olds can carry themselves with refined maturity ie. JJ Starling .

Also he basically said everything you could have already inferred about what went on in Kamari’s head...He wasn’t ready to make a college decision, but did so anyway, on a whim, committing much earlier than most kids do and so he reopened his recruitment to see what else there is. End of story.

This is a great example of why it’s best to not get so involved in the decision making of teenagers. Until they show up on campus ready to commit to the college grind, it’s really just a crapshoot not worthy of major investment.

This thread is a hot mess lol. Remember this is still just a 17 year old kid, coming off a pandemic, making the most important decision of his life... and everyone handled this last year and 1/2 their own way and while he could have handled this process much better, not all 17 year olds can carry themselves with refined maturity ie. JJ Starling .

Also he basically said everything you could have already inferred about what went on in Kamari’s head...He wasn’t ready to make a college decision, but did so anyway, on a whim, committing much earlier than most kids do and so he reopened his recruitment to see what else there is. End of story.

This is a great example of why it’s best to not get so involved in the decision making of teenagers. Until they show up on campus ready to commit to the college grind, it’s really just a crapshoot not worthy of major investment.

Yep- honestly if anyone says their mindset and mental state has not suffered any impacts no matter how old you are I would call them out as a liar. It's been an unreal wave of political strife, pandemic challenges and tragedy and abandonment of norms.

Yep- honestly if anyone says their mindset and mental state has not suffered any impacts no matter how old you are I would call them out as a liar. It's been an unreal wave of political strife, pandemic challenges and tragedy and abandonment of norms.
Absolutely. The standards deserve to be lowered in these circumstances. Plus imagine still being a kid while all this is going on...no one has a guidebook on how to handle yourself properly during major crisis, there is bound to be some things you would do differently.

I think when speaking of the west, namely California…people may be underestimating the NIL possibilities. All of those major schools are going to take off if they do things correctly. Money in Cali isn’t like anywhere else in the US.

I think when speaking of the west, namely California…people may be underestimating the NIL possibilities. All of those major schools are going to take off if they do things correctly. Money in Cali isn’t like anywhere else in the US.
The Pac12 in general should do well. Oregon (no need to even talk about that), Seattle has money and those Arizona schools have big money, throw in the Cali schools and it could be the biggest money conference when it comes to NIL exclusively.

Remember when I said this was same situation as Dior. Guess you guys see why now
snotty girl.gif

:D

The Pac12 in general should do well. Oregon (no need to even talk about that), Seattle has money and those Arizona schools have big money, throw in the Cali schools and it could be the biggest money conference when it comes to NIL exclusively.

Plus they really showed up last tourney and with a fun style of basketball to watch. That all adds up.

Plus they really showed up last tourney and with a fun style of basketball to watch. That all adds up.
I wouldn’t be shocked that if at some point (not any time soon), these weaker football programs get lost in the shuffle.

If I’m in this alliance, what benefit do I have having teams like Washington St, Syracuse, and Rutgers among others?

I wouldn’t be shocked that if at some point (not any time soon), these weaker football programs get lost in the shuffle.

If I’m in this alliance, what benefit do I have having teams like Washington St, Syracuse, and Rutgers among others?

I think you have to look at the reverse as well - if those programs continue the run of losing seasons at some point hard questions have to be asked...

I think you have to look at the reverse as well - if those programs continue the run of losing seasons at some point hard questions have to be asked...
Well right now we make a ton of money just being associated with ACC football, but if there is a limit on how many teams a true alliance is going to want in their conference then we’re the odd man out along with some other bottom feeders. We move somewhere else and there is no money, I don’t see how we fit in anywhere that makes us money and you’re right, we have some questions we need answered.

Well right now we make a ton of money just being associated with ACC football, but if there is a limit on how many teams a true alliance is going to want in their conference then we’re the odd man out along with some other bottom feeders. We move somewhere else and there is no money, I don’t see how we fit in anywhere that makes us money and you’re right, we have some questions we need answered.

It's step by step but as the NCAA begins it's dilution into a name with no purpose for college athletes in sports with large pro leagues, the transition to those sports into a semi pro or tier below the primary professional leagues only matures further.

It takes decades to change traditions and no doubt we will hold onto them as long as possible but ultimately things will change and college sports will be truly Olympic and then pure amateur sports in my opinion. I think the golden age of college hoops for sure has passed us. College football is a bit different but will eventually follow suit in some manner.

For Syracuse, we have a great brand, with lots of tradition - and so many alumni in the sports media.

As long as we can return to competence in football (it has been a long journey, I'll admit ...), then we will be fine in any future realignments.

For Syracuse, we have a great brand, with lots of tradition - and so many alumni in the sports media.

As long as we can return to competence in football (it has been a long journey, I'll admit ...), then we will be fine in any future realignments.

The football "if" to me is a big deal. It's not showing signs yet of improving. We don't need to be anything more than a 6-6 with occasional ranked years and at worst 4-8 years here and there to be relevant but where we are now is not gonna cut it.

This is probably the first time I called a young guy, deciding not to go to Cuse, a jackass. Whatever. That's how he looked to me and his rationale in that video. How many times did he say "I didn't get". Dude, that was YOUR choice, young man. Own it. Gawd damn. What a tool. And don't get me started on it being a "business decision". Give me a fckgn break.

same w taxes, football players will like the south that reason, lol

When it comes to the West, it comes down to coaching, period.
Yeah Oregon is a player currently but if USC ever gets their together then that changes things. It depends on their admin and BOT for thier next hire

The sky is always falling with this one. ; )

Even if there is a possibility of Lands coming to Syracuse, right now I hope he doesn’t. He will always be looking for something he did not get.

Even if there is a possibility of Lands coming to Syracuse, right now I hope he doesn’t. He will always be looking for something he did not get.

His comments in that video and around being a safety school to me seem like a pretty obvious sign that that ship has sailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom