Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to Cuse Countr that’s not exactly what he said. Probably could have been said better but Lands pre PJ and post PJ is a legit point
You really think there is concern with Kamari post Peach Jam? Kid performed fine imo and anyway AAU games is not always the best way to gauge what you’re getting with a particular player...so someone’s stock should not rely on those performances, or we should all really be worried about what we are getting in JT.

Not that I really care much about debating Kamari's skill level, because our chances of landing lands again is extremely low, so it’s a mostly trivial discussion at this point anyway.

You really think there is concern with Kamari post Peach Jam? Kid performed fine imo and anyway AAU games is not always the best way to gauge what you’re getting with a particular player...so someone’s stock should not rely on those performances, or we should all really be worried about what we are getting in JT.

Not that I really care much about debating Kamari's skill level, because our chances of landing lands again is extremely low, so it’s a mostly trivial discussion at this point anyway.
I don’t take too much or too little away from any one thing a recruit does. My preference in this class has been clear.

I don’t take too much or too little away from any one thing a recruit does. My preference in this class has been clear.
As you should, a lot of times it can be hard to gauge how good a prospect is in HS...I was just saying though because you said it was a legit point to I guess question Kamari’s ability based off of peach jam, but personally I’m wondering what was wrong with Kamari’s peach jam to feel that way?

Yes there was a valid point but some of you are so set on your opinion you won't take insight from anyone else's opinion.
That’s simply not true. Speaking for myself, but I would always be willing to hear someone’s opinion to help gain insight on a subject...but during this debate, there’s been absolutely no insight given to help me understand the opinions, that he’s not very good and that after peach jam he’s not the same player.
All that was given were blanket statements that Barlow out played lands by a mile, Bunch is far smarter than Lands and that Lands isn’t as good as we thought he was because you watched his games and that’s what you thought. I was asking if I could be shown where this thought that post peach jam Lands was now a questionable player came from and I was ignored.

So like I said this Lands discussion is rather trivial and I don’t want to invest too much more into it, but I’m stuck at how you guys are coming up with these thoughts and if there is going to be such opinions about a player, than it’s fair to expect some kind of reasonable explanation.

Interesting how it seems it's always these SEC schools chasing to compete with the kids who are looking for big NIL money but having to get in line with OT Elite and the G League Ignite.

I missed it but who is saying/said this kid sucks?
I think it’s pretty obvious he is a solid player. I must have missed the reasons behind this.

I missed it but who is saying/said this kid sucks?
I think it’s pretty obvious he is a solid player. I must have missed the reasons behind this.

I didn't see someone say he sucks outright. Just some debate over his abilities which maybe for once we don't get into a tit for tat over narrative. I mean I think we can all agree that regardless of what Kamari's ability is, landing JJ would be a solid get to offset losing the offensive ability that Lands brought. Without JJ, should we get say Bunch and Carey, the offensive boost would likely be a portal add which several have already called out. Even with going the portal route, adding 4 kids in a class is solid imo then 1 or 2 more in the portal depending on the attrition with the existing roster.

I didn't see someone say he sucks outright. Just some debate over his abilities which maybe for once we don't get into a tit for tat over narrative. I mean I think we can all agree that regardless of what Kamari's ability is, landing JJ would be a solid get to offset losing the offensive ability that Lands brought. Without JJ, should we get say Bunch and Carey, the offensive boost would likely be a portal add which several have already called out. Even with going the portal route, adding 4 kids in a class is solid imo then 1 or 2 more in the portal depending on the attrition with the existing roster.
I really don’t care we lost this kid. I see it for what it is.
Wish him well.
Just hope we recruit a complete team instead of multiple projects.

I really don’t care we lost this kid. I see it for what it is.
Wish him well.
Just hope we recruit a complete team instead of multiple projects.

At this point the projects likely become few and farther between for P6 programs. It's a bummer for HS kids but ultimately- you portal your way and let the smaller/mid major schools develop the projects. I'm guessing a lot more low end D1 kids end up Juco or D2 than the past. OT Elite and Ignite are going to syphon off some but not enough to level the numbers out in respect to HS recruits left hanging.

At this point the projects likely become few and farther between for P6 programs. It's a bummer for HS kids but ultimately- you portal your way and let the smaller/mid major schools develop the projects. I'm guessing a lot more low end D1 kids end up Juco or D2 than the past. OT Elite and Ignite are going to syphon off some but not enough to level the numbers out in respect to HS recruits left hanging.
All we do is recruit bigs as projects.
It’s why they don’t come in and contribute and we have to play forwards at C.

We do recruit shooting guards and Wing forwards.
I just hope we get JJ so we can have PG depth.

I am sick of 2 guards playing the whole the game when they aren’t elite.

Lands is a loss but whatever. It’s not like he was as highly ranked as the PG we lost to Oregon.

What a bizarre mindset. I don't understand this reasoning at all.

West coast offers? Using SU as an insurance plan? I wonder what he was saying to the staff because it seems like there are red flags all over him from this interview.
Yea...and basically said it was a "business" decision

So... we're a safety school, and now he's better than that.
Uggghhhh.
People need to realize we’re not a Blue Blood and we’re probably and the bottom side of tier two or possibly tier three at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom