Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
so he doesn’t want what the intent of NIL was, he wants to be bought and go to the high recruitment bidder. And saying he still likes us doesn’t help us with others.
I love the whole “intent of the NIL” nonsense. It’s a way to recruit talent and savvy schools will make it known NIL $ is available. Even tho athletic depts aren’t supposed to facilitate deals wink wink.

Who could have seen this coming?

The ACC was our curtain call. We have money at the cost of crummy football and mediocre hoops. Football was doomed regardless. I expected basketball! to take a hit in the ACC. If a recruit wants to play in the ACC why go to Syracuse? Reminds me of the diehard Rutgers fans fueled by the mistaken belief that Big East membership would boost their recruiting. I'm crushed; I thought that we were about to turn things around.

Of course recruiting is going to be more and more about which school's boosters will provide the biggest financial payout. What did everyone expect? At least he's honest in saying it. Same with Westry except he didn't come right out and say it. There will still be guys like Turner who care about other things ... but fewer of them.

Of course recruiting is going to be more and more about which school's boosters will provide the biggest financial payout. What did everyone expect? At least he's honest in saying it. Same with Westry except he didn't come right out and say it. There will still be guys like Turner who care about other things ... but fewer of them.
We should be willing to pay.

Can't say I'm totally surprised. Changing high schools multiple times is a red flag. You also have to wonder about how committed someone is who never visited campus. Maybe this makes us more attractive to Chris Bunch. Open starting spot available.

Meh. I remember reading from one of the insiders I think weeks or maybe months ago now that stated the staff was caught off guard with this commitment. As soon as I read that I had a bad feeling but wanted to be optimistic even if not openly. Come next season I'm sure this will have shown a silver lining. Next man up.

Exactly what I feared would be happening when he switched prep schools. There was no good reason for that to happen if he was so happy with his decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom