Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you should have, your prediction was way off.

He is 0% chance of showing up.
actually I'd take the over on that. sharp money clearly higher than 0 percent. once again you are behind the curve

I really hope this isn't an indication we can't compete for top guys in the free-for-all era'
it's just an indicator that you can't bank on anything until a player shows up on campus, or at least visits...

actually I'd take the over on that. sharp money clearly higher than 0 percent. once again you are behind the curve
Lol it was a joke

and once again I’m behind the curve??? Odd comment since I am a 99% football poster

Last edited:
This has been such an embarrassment in many ways. It’s the second time it’s happened in this cycle alone. I prefer to tell these recruits to hold off and do our due diligence before we accept a commitment from them. Their word these days doesn’t mean squat. Also, one of those stipulations before committing is to make sure they see the campus first. Lands apparently never bothered to take time out of his busy schedule to visit here. If we truly are dreams schools for these kids then we need to tell them we need to see them on campus and be firm about it. I guess the staff recognized like Dion’s case that this kid wasn’t really serious at all. Take a hike Lands!

This has been such an embarrassment in many ways. It’s the second time it’s happened in this cycle alone. I prefer to tell these recruits to hold off and do our due diligence before we accept a commitment from them. Their word these days doesn’t mean squat. Also, one of those stipulations before committing is to make sure they see the campus first. Lands apparently never bothered to take time out of his busy schedule to visit here. If we truly are dreams schools for these kids then we need to tell them we need to see them on campus and be firm about it. I guess the staff recognized like Dion’s case that this kid wasn’t really serious at all. Take a hike Lands!

He committed April 6.

The NCAA didn't allow on campus visits this year until June 1.

You would have preferred the staff tell him to take a hike?

Reached by phone shortly after posting his decision on social media, Lands explained that he wanted to be recruited again so he could hear from coaches about his opportunities under the NCAA’s new legislation allowing athletes to profit off their name, image and likeness.

“I’ve been thinking about this ever since the NIL bill came out,’' Lands said. “I haven’t had the opportunity to be recruited in that way.’'

Lands, a native of Indianapolis, recently announced that he would transfer from Prolific Prep in Napa, Calif., to Hillcrest Prep in Phoenix, Ariz.

Lands said going to Syracuse remains an option. Prior to his April commitment Lands also had scholarship offers from Texas Tech, Xavier, DePaul and many others.

“I still like Syracuse,’' Lands said. “Everything’s open right now, but Syracuse is still one of my top schools.’'

Lands said the Syracuse coaches had been trying to get him to take an official visit to the SU campus. He said he might still take one in the fall.

Who cares? Literally nobody, except maybe douchebag UConn fans that have nothing better to do than worry about our recruits. We’ll get players. Some highly ranked. Some not as highly ranked. Some will be better than expected and some worse. Rinse wash repeat. Enjoy the luxury of having nothing bigger to worry about.

Reached by phone shortly after posting his decision on social media, Lands explained that he wanted to be recruited again so he could hear from coaches about his opportunities under the NCAA’s new legislation allowing athletes to profit off their name, image and likeness.

“I’ve been thinking about this ever since the NIL bill came out,’' Lands said. “I haven’t had the opportunity to be recruited in that way.’'

Lands, a native of Indianapolis, recently announced that he would transfer from Prolific Prep in Napa, Calif., to Hillcrest Prep in Phoenix, Ariz.

Lands said going to Syracuse remains an option. Prior to his April commitment Lands also had scholarship offers from Texas Tech, Xavier, DePaul and many others.

“I still like Syracuse,’' Lands said. “Everything’s open right now, but Syracuse is still one of my top schools.’'

Lands said the Syracuse coaches had been trying to get him to take an official visit to the SU campus. He said he might still take one in the fall.
Makes sense, sadly. The landscape has changed, and i wonder how many of us would leave money on the table because of a verbal commit.

NIL sucks, and I’m close to losing all interest in ‘college’ sports. I’m already out on football. My intense obsession with SU hoops is in serious jeopardy.

Will Wade doesn’t even need to make a big ass offer, it’s NIL. Kid could end up going pro too

so he doesn’t want what the intent of NIL was, he wants to be bought and go to the high recruitment bidder. And saying he still likes us doesn’t help us with others.

Is the espn list accurate? He didn’t have a lot of high end offers, for someone ranked 22. If we get beat out on an NIL package by the likes of Depaul, Marquette, TxTech, or Xavier… well, that’s pretty bad and does not portend well for us.

Just typing those words ”NIL package” is icky.

I have a bad feeling my interest in SU hoops is going to feel like watching Boeheim’s Army this year, where the key ‘soldiers’ were mercenaries. Great that we won, but I felt zero connection for those ‘other‘ guys.

Makes sense, sadly. The landscape has changed, and i wonder how many of us would leave money on the table because of a verbal commit.

NIL sucks, and I’m close to losing all interest in ‘college’ sports. I’m already out on football. My intense obsession with SU hoops is in serious jeopardy.
I used to be really into following recruiting but this along with NIL and transfer portal pretty much ensures that I’m done really following recruiting and will just wait to see who ends up on campus from now on.

We can never have nice things
Melania tells us to Be Best, so all we can do is wish him well in his future endeavors and never take the route of vindictiveness or anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom