Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will land another 2 quality recruits before it is all said and done and lets not forget the portal is also an option.

Well, a lot is riding on getting JJ now.

You don't just create relationships with kids in a month or two. It's too transactional as you try to build connections in a compressed time frame.

How many SU basketball players have deals so far ? I think you’re mistaken
What big deals have been announced for any other college hoop players? Do you Really think Gonzaga is getting recruits or will get recruits from NIL? It’s not just local businesses, it is alumni as well.
let’s see where Lands goes and what other deals are signed before we decide nil is going to kill us.
And locally businesses will step up. Hell bill rapp was paying guys before it was fashionable. There will be opportunities for Syracuse players to cash in. We are in the infancy stage here.

How many SU basketball players have deals so far ? I think you’re mistaken
Well Buddy does have that sweet Cameo deal. I mean we can talk Weitsman all day long and then Phil Knight says “hey guys…remember me?!?” I swear to God people don’t pay attention.

What this means is that Cuse needs to focus on the next level or two down. Copeland is a great example as with Taylor. That’s your target if you’re not playing the NIL game.

What big deals have been announced for any other college hoop players? Do you Really think Gonzaga is getting recruits or will get recruits from NIL? It’s not just local businesses, it is alumni as well.
let’s see where Lands goes and what other deals are signed before we decide nil is going to kill us.
And locally businesses will step up. Hell bill rapp was paying guys before it was fashionable. There will be opportunities for Syracuse players to cash in. We are in the infancy stage here.
SU b-ball is basically the region’s pro sports team from a popularity standpoint. I find it hard to believe NIL can’t help us. Personally I think the Costanzaism that runs deep in many is striking again.

What this means is that Cuse needs to focus on the next level or two down. Copeland is a great example as with Taylor. That’s your target if you’re not playing the NIL game.
Either play the fricken’ game or be prepared to recruit on a secondary level, as you say.
If we have folks w/ ducats, like Weitsman or even a Melo, we need to use them in situations like this. Either that or accept that we’ll always be on a lower level than the big $$$ boys. And good luck w/ that.

People do realize that it is against NCAA rules for anyone affiliated with the athletic department to do anything with NIL for a student-athlete, right?

Am I screaming into a hurricane here?

They were doing this for the last 4 seasons before NIL. Girard, Newton, Ajak, Edwards, the list goes on… not a one a top 30 recruit. Not sure your point.

People do realize that it is against NCAA rules for anyone affiliated with the athletic department to do anything with NIL for a student-athlete, right?

Am I screaming into a hurricane here?
Stop yelling at that cloud, old man. The world has changed.

Perhaps if we had more returning players that the average fan was familiar with, we’d have more guys with deals? Maybe once we get fans back in the Dome and have a normal season, and the normal excitement is back, and more than 1 guy on our team actually has a “big name”, we’ll see more NIL activity?

They were doing this for the last 4 seasons before NIL. Girard, Newton, Ajak, Edwards, the list goes on… not a one a top 30 recruit. Not sure your point.
You noticed we changed approach in 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom