Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree with that. Which hasn't been mentioned here explicitly. A lot of "will SU operate like a pro team" but nothing about JB. That's what it boils down to.

I still don't think that's an excuse for the way we seem to get decommitments from high-profile kids more often than others - and I will continue to beat the Gonzaga drum, because there's no way they should be able to compete if all of the things posters say above were true.

I agree. We can still be Syracuse from a basketball perspective and other small schools being elite shows that. The chicken little sht is just noise cause people are upset. Still time to make up for this if we can sign a couple guys we are currently after.

I agree. We can still be Syracuse from a basketball perspective and other small schools being elite shows that. The chicken little sht is just noise cause people are upset. Still time to make up for this if we can sign a couple guys we are currently after.
If we actually use our resources Syracuse basketball should be fine.

I don’t have confidence in Wildhack though.
He has done a subpar job at actually you know doing his job.

Then he should retire after this year like K.

If we want to compete we need talent.

Maybe he will. Who knows.

As I said we are still after top 50
guys so let’s see how things shake out before the sky is falling. I mean we got Benny this year.

Maybe he will. Who knows.

As I said we are still after top 50
guys so let’s see how things shake out before the sky is falling. I mean we got Benny this year.
If Benny is any good he will likely be a one and done.

Is 2022 recruiting anticipating that?
I like Taylor. We are going to lose Buddy as you said.
If we lose Benny as well what does 2022 look like.

If JB is going to retire then an announcement and hire could actually help recruiting.
Patience is kinda gone now. The fanbase should be on a year to year thing with the HC because of his age.

NIL or no NIL, if we offered this kid and he took us up on the offer, even if it was a surprise, we have to be prepared to get him to stay committed. This isn’t some abnormal thing, it’s a basic tenet of the human condition in terms of having to re-affirm choices, especially huge ones, we make.

With that said, this stuff happens and life moves on.

I think this makes landing JJ more of an imperative bc otherwise I’m very worried about the guards in 2022.

Back to Kamari, good luck to the kid. Hope he succeeds wherever he ends up. Hopefully it allows us the space to land JJ.

NIL or no NIL, if we offered this kid and he took us up on the offer, even if it was a surprise, we have to be prepared to get him to stay committed. This isn’t some abnormal thing, it’s a basic tenet of the human condition in terms of having to re-affirm choices, especially huge ones, we make.

With that said, this stuff happens and life moves on.

I think this makes landing JJ more of an imperative bc otherwise I’m very worried about the guards in 2022.

Back to Kamari, good luck to the kid. Hope he succeeds wherever he ends up. Hopefully it allows us the space to land JJ.
2022 guards will be Girard and Taylor as marathon men.
With Torrence as the backup.

Unless we can get JJ.
Losing Lands hurts if we lose Benny and we will be Swider without right now a second talented forward.

I am sure we will find enough talent to grind to 19-12 but we as a fanbase should want to actually be better than that.

With all of this crap.. it makes me hope that the semi pro leagues take off. Give the kids who want a big payday first and foremost and also have the talent to go with their own option. All we are doing is muddying the water and diluting college hoops. Let the kids go earn a paycheck for a few years where basketball can be their sole focus.

NLI then benefits everyone else to be able to make money but also get the benefits of school and the experience.

I'm gone for the weekend, and then come back to this. I think I'm going to throw up in my mouth. Talk about a kick to the groin. I don't know how the coaches do it. I'm exhausted with all of this recruiting, and all I'm doing is watching from the sidelines. I feel for Boeheim and company.

I find it odd that most don't seem to see the similarities between the new NIL era and the pre salary cap and luxury tax days of pro sports. It's about money and schools like SU simply do not have the booster wealth to compete with a lot of others (Duke, Kentucky, etc in BBall, and most SEC schools plus Michigan, Ohio State, and Texas schools in football). Adam W is noted and excepted. It's not so much about the school, its about fan/booster resources. This may be a windfall for a lot of players but I believe the majority will be have nots. Without some sort of regulation, this may very well be the beginning of the end for college athletics as we know it.
Dead on

We were weren‘t recruiting Lands to be a guard. Bunch and Barlow are the obvious next guys in line here.

I thought Kamari was pretty vocal about playing G on offense, no? Do I have that wrong?

If we actually use our resources Syracuse basketball should be fine.

I don’t have confidence in Wildhack though.
He has done a subpar job at actually you know doing his job.
Subpar on the women’s front for sure but what else? If anyone should be able to leverage NIL for SU it should be John. He’s done a good job otherwise imo

there has to be a way to even the playing field and not make it so imbalanced
They could do caps but I don’t see it. This is going to be a mess and the balance of power is going to swing south into the SEC

I find it odd that most don't seem to see the similarities between the new NIL era and the pre salary cap and luxury tax days of pro sports. It's about money and schools like SU simply do not have the booster wealth to compete with a lot of others (Duke, Kentucky, etc in BBall, and most SEC schools plus Michigan, Ohio State, and Texas schools in football). Adam W is noted and excepted. It's not so much about the school, its about fan/booster resources. This may be a windfall for a lot of players but I believe the majority will be have nots. Without some sort of regulation, this may very well be the beginning of the end for college athletics as we know it.

I think it already started this past summer. Txfr portal plus NIL essentially turns everything into a form of free agency.

Then he should retire after this year like K.

If we want to compete we need talent.

At this point I don't think new blood at coach is a fix for any of this. It's gonna be more about the AD and the commitments to competing in these new shark infested waters.

I think it already started this past summer. Txfr portal plus NIL essentially turns everything into a form of free agency.

Which gives us plenty of opportunity to find former disgruntled top 100 players like we did with Swider and Torrence.

Well hopefully he's able to be our savior and figures out how to spend some cash on this instead of flying in Tom Brady or OBJ for attention.

F91DC0AE-6352-48D6-B298-0D76E2D07D86.jpeg

Welcome to the new reality.

Which gives us plenty of opportunity to find former disgruntled top 100 players like we did with Swider and Torrence.
If we're trying to get back to being a top 10-15 school, probably not a great business model to rely heavily on guys that spent multiple years at other schools and weren't good enough to start there. Can hope to get lucky and maybe unlock those original expectations on 1 once in a while.
but probably doesn't really matter too much what the initial rankings are if you avg 2 points and shoot 14% from 3 on a below .500 team as a soph and then move up to a tougher league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom