Class of 2023 - SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered

In your view does this along with Moore, mean JB is here for a couple more years? Or are they signing on for 'the program', i.e. willing to chance it for the NIL deals?
Based on what Moore said, it sounds like these recruits are signing up because of NIL and rolling the dice on the coaching uncertainty. The question is if JB gets a lot of talent, will he be more inclined to stay longer? Or is he just trying to get the program in a good place to pass the baton?

In your view does this along with Moore, mean JB is here for a couple more years? Or are they signing on for 'the program', i.e. willing to chance it for the NIL deals?
Such an awesome question, and I wish I had the answer. I honestly don't know. I think NIL may help negate some of the uncertainty over when JB will retire, and who will replace him. That being said, I could see JB sticking around for another year or two. Especially if the core of this current young team comes back, SU lands Adams, and SU lands a few other top guys beyond Moore in 2024. I've talked to Adam W. about this, but he won't say much lol!

Such an awesome question, and I wish I had the answer. I honestly don't know. I think NIL may help negate some of the uncertainty over when JB will retire, and who will replace him. That being said, I could see JB sticking around for another year or two. Especially if the core of this current young team comes back, SU lands Adams, and SU lands a few other top guys beyond Moore in 2024. I've talked to Adam W. about this, but he won't say much lol!
If Adam is willing to continue his support after JB leaves, that should help entice a really good coach to come here.

I hear ya. Although I still think it's likely to be Autry, but I guess you never know. I'll keep you all posted on Marcus. Things are looking good.
Agreed - I think they low key have to sell Red as the next man up at this point. He’s a players coach that NIL can really get behind to support. I think he gets a short window to prove it, and part of that will be a JB mid-season retirement. If they can pull in good enough talent (e.g., Adams, Moore), though, he can stick like Hop did (hopefully with more potent and sustained success).

article today from CA: Column: Narbonne's Marcus Adams Jr. as NBA-ready as any high school star

I think he reclasses to 2023 and comes to Cuse. They're saying he's as NBA ready as any high school kid, has a man's body, he's already 18, he wants to be one and done, etc.

Apparently he also has a 15 year old brother who may be even better. Hopefully Adam and the staff do everything within their power to bring this guy in next year.

The sample size for his EYBL/tournament stats is incredibly tiny to the point that I wouldn't read too much into it (~105 minutes of gameplay), but for whatever it's worth, Adams shot 17/28 from 2 point range, 5/11 from 3, 6/13 from the FT line, and put up great rebound numbers (nearly 13 per 40 minutes). Again, tiny tiny sample size, but he was at least good in that tiny sample size (outside of free throw shooting). Better than being bad in a tiny sample size lol.

This just leaked
1675276943033.png

We already know we’re in his top 5. Interested in who the others are. Hoping not UCLA.

article today from CA: Column: Narbonne's Marcus Adams Jr. as NBA-ready as any high school star

I think he reclasses to 2023 and comes to Cuse. They're saying he's as NBA ready as any high school kid, has a man's body, he's already 18, he wants to be one and done, etc.

Apparently he also has a 15 year old brother who may be even better. Hopefully Adam and the staff do everything within their power to bring this guy in next year.
I know this has been asked before, but I didn’t see the answer: why isn’t he showing up on any player rankings for 2023 or 2024? Odd that he’s not on any list if he’s as good as the article states.

Don’t like seeing UCLA and Oregon on that list (or Texas for that matter).
Texas has some coaching uncertainty around it after Beard’s firing. I think UCLA and Oregon have experienced talent in front of him. He has a clear path to immediate playing here. I imagine that’s central to the pitch.

Maybe Weitsman can fly him back out one more time before his decision. Duke would be perfect, especially if Boogie comes too.