Class of 2018 - SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH) | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the word from high school coaches that played against him when he was in high school was that he was a great shooter. Not good. Great. Now, his #'s sure didn't show that at ECU. But people from here in Ct swear he is a terrific shooter. We shall see. Hopefully, they are right.
Agreed. He's more of a 2-3 swing player. I would think he sees lots of time at the 2.

Does anyone else find it unusual that Darius doesn't have his verbal commitment to Syracuse announced on his twitter account. Am I just paranoid. Normally recruits post their decisions with comments of happiness. I must be over thinking this. Once bitten twice shy

Does anyone else find it unusual that Darius doesn't have his verbal commitment to Syracuse announced on his twitter account. Am I just paranoid. Normally recruits post their decisions with comments of happiness. I must be over thinking this. Once bitten twice shy

On his IG he posted a edit pic in cuse uni and it says cuse it is! Or something like that.

I've been thinking that too ever since iommi mentioned the same thing the other day. It does seem a bit odd to me, but at least he apparently has something posted on Instagram.

Super excited for this kid's commitment. IMO he is the prototypical combo forward that JB loves. He can handle, pass, rebound, defend, score in the post, and drive the ball. He's really mobile and will have no problem playing the wing of the zone. His outside shot needs some work but I think it will come along. I have no idea how he's not ranked in the top 20. I've watched A LOT of his film and he's very, very good. His combination of size/length/skillset just SCREAMS Syracuse combo forward.

Mason

Depends on what we are looking for. He's a wing on defense regardless. Offensively, perhaps he would be more of a matchup nightmare as a 4. Baz going to be a fantastic wing for us. He can certainly handle it like a 3. His shot looks fine but he could use greater consistency. If his shot doesn't come, put him at the 4 and he'd be fine.

Baz really does need to spend a lot of time in the weight room though. He's skinny.
shows how much you know. Marek saw a picture of him and thought he was cut.

He's now a 5 star and ranked #25 by Rivals. Huge commit...
Wait...

Committed to Cuse

Then rose in rankings!?

giphy.gif

I am starting to believe that this kid is the next huge orange star. I think he may improve more than the rest of the 2018 class by the time he hits campus. He's been posting great numbers this AAU season.

I am starting to believe that this kid is the next huge orange star. I think he may improve more than the rest of the 2018 class by the time he hits campus. He's been posting great numbers this AAU season.

I think bazley is the real deal! Saying he was a huge get for us this cycle or any cycle is a understatement. I love his game and like others have said before he looks like he was built to play for us!

It's great to get ascending talents - players with very good skill sets who are steadily getting better and better and better. I would put Brissett in the same category. These 2 will make a dynamic tandem.

It's great to get ascending talents - players with very good skill sets who are steadily getting better and better and better. I would put Brissett in the same category. These 2 will make a dynamic tandem.
Can you imagine if we could somehow get Brissett and Mareck to stick around for a second year with Bazley?

Perhaps the most versatile frontcourt ever, and I don't say that lightly when thinking about Coleman playing with Billy Owens.

Can you imagine if we could somehow get Brissett and Mareck to stick around for a second year with Bazley?

Perhaps the most versatile frontcourt ever, and I don't say that lightly when thinking about Coleman playing with Billy Owens.

That could be special.

Speaking of Coleman and Owens... part of what made them so great was the play of Sherman. He is still my all time favorite at SU.

We need to add a version of Sherman to this front court...

That could be special.

Speaking of Coleman and Owens... part of what made them so great was the play of Sherman. He is still my all time favorite at SU.

We need to add a version of Sherman to this front court...
Ditto. He's the "20" in my handle.

All time favorite Orangeman. Love The General.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom