Class of 2025 - SF Shon Abaev (FL) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SF Shon Abaev (FL) Offered

if the team was to recruit 5 high school 4 stars or better, there would still be room for 2 additional portal players next year. That does not even count the extra two positions if the scholarships increase to 15.

The recruits under consideration are within the top 50 high school basketball players for 2024-2025. Adding 2 or more will only improve the team and give HCAA a better, more talented team to coach.
Exhibit A - see Duke's roster this year. 5 stud frosh, a couple portal guys in Maliq and the Purdue kid, as well as a couple hold overs in Proctor and Foster.

I'll be curious to see how it works.

Calipari sniffing around now
season 6 giant squidward GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I had a piece this week on Shon, after talking to a few insiders about his recruitment. As far as I can tell, no clear-cut favorite at this point, and he's got multiple OVs after 'Cuse this weekend. He'll also have taken 10 total OVs when all is said and done. Shon has said he's developed a strong relationship with Coach Red. We'll see how this pans out. Not sure there are teams that have significantly distanced themselves from the pack for Shon at this juncture:
Syracuse Basketball: As 4-star Shon Abaev set to visit, an update on his recruitment

White, Shon and Kiyan would be about as good as an offensive trio you can pull in one class. That is ELITE offensive ability. Add in a point guard from the high school ranks then a center from the high school ranks or portal. This class to go off last years class with Moore, Freeman and Petar will have us back in the championship contender convo if Autry can put it all together coaching them up

I like it. Other OVs set up are USC, Auburn, Cinci and Maryland - after those I hope the staff tries to lock him up before he sets up more OVs. Gives him enough to compare to so lock him up before harder comp comes in
I don't think Shon will take more OVs after those last four. He will have taken 10 in total at that point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom