Class of 2017 - SG Alex O'Connell (GA) Verballed to Duke | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Alex O'Connell (GA) Verballed to Duke

so K is a POS because he recruited over the kid, yet Boeheim is a POS because he can't recruit over our current set of guards?
I think what happened at Duke is that only one of this past season's 5-stars was good enough to be one-and-done. (Carey) They had signed a very large incoming class assuming that more would be moving on after one year. They ran out of scholarships.

This must be crushing to O'Connell and his family.

I think what happened at Duke is that only one of this past season's 5-stars was good enough to be one-and-done. (Carey) They had signed a very large incoming class assuming that more would be moving on after one year. They ran out of scholarships.

This must be crushing to O'Connell and his family.
Tre Jones is also going pro so it's not a numbers issue.

but it (likely) is, as they were prob expecting at least two of Stanley/Hurt/Moore to leave and it's looking like they're all staying
The have a playtime issue and of course the writing is on the wall, but he would fit within 13 scholly limit

It's one thing to recruit. It's another to essentially kick him off the team. These guys coming in may not hit the ground running like he thinks. AOC isn't a starter but he's a legit player for depth.
Did I miss something that said he was kicked off the team? Not sure you can do that in D-1 basketball.
Now, was he told he likely wouldn't play? Probably. Bit if he was upset he could stick it to Duke and say no, he's not leaving.

Can't be right. Only JB has excessive transfers.
counting their six new commits and the rest of the Duke in the last 4 classes, Duke has 34 players (which includes 2 walk-ones) across the five years where Syracuse has 24 players (which includes 5 Walk-ons).

You can only have 13 scholarship players in any year.

I must not be reading this right. Duke had 8 new players four years ago, 6 new players three years ago, 5 new players two years ago, 6 new players (2 were redshirt walk ons) and 6 new commits this year. Something is not right.

counting their six new commits and the rest of the Duke in the last 4 classes, Duke has 34 players (which includes 2 walk-ones) across the five years where Syracuse has 24 players (which includes 5 Walk-ons).

You can only have 13 scholarship players in any year.

I must not be reading this right. Duke had 8 new players four years ago, 6 new players three years ago, 5 new players two years ago, 6 new players (2 were redshirt walk ons) and 6 new commits this year. Something is not right.
They send multiple kids early to the NBA every year

"only" 2 is still multiple. We'd kill for a 'lean' year like that these days.
But, I think last year at this time the Duke coaches thought there would be more. Maybe if the season had played out someone else might have blown up, ala Malachi.

Thought this graphic was pretty hilarious, especially with their brotherhood motto...

Memphis latest to offer Slim Reaper.

i dont know. This goes back to black and white photos. I dont consider the numbers extreme. We have three this year alone...

i dont know. This goes back to black and white photos. I dont consider the numbers extreme. We have three this year alone...

Maybe do a similar list and come back and report.

Another story. My nephew's two sons for some reason are Duke fans. Several years ago, he and his wife took the two of them to a Duke game at Cameron for the oldest's 16 birthday (the younger one was 7). They obtained a players tickets a few rows behind the Duke bench. They were forewarned. Every other word out of K's mouth was an Fbomb. Not what a seven year old should hear. Classy POS.
Better not have them sit behind the Syracuse bench either.

Pretty good spot for him

Yeah - same colors, and he can just use a sharpie and cross off Devils and write Jays instead. :p