Class of 2017 - SG Alex O'Connell (GA) Verballed to Duke | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Alex O'Connell (GA) Verballed to Duke

So samuels to nova, oconnell to duke, that leaves Randolph... who's part of quade's crew, who reports have stated we have become more involved with recently. They are also close with bamba who is coming up on a surprise visit this weekend with Quade who has been a big fan of ours for a while. While losing oconnell is unfortunate the potential consolation praise could be very very promising. Let's continue to build these relationships with these kids

He killed us every time lol
Not really.

In the 6 games he played against us, he scored 11, 3, 20, 16, 0, and 0.
1584821433024.gif

Have to consider this (if he's interested). Kid has been an assassin against us.

Did you not see the post a few spots above?
Kid had 3/6 good games against us, and basically nada the other 3 games.

If you think some posters are bitching about Buddy being one-dimensional and streaky, well that would go to plaid if this kid was playing here. :rolleyes:

He’s an older, skinnier, less-talented Buddy.
Sign me up!! :p

If this kid can graduate and become a grad transfer we should jump right on him.

We can’t get him unless he graduates.
ACC rules.

What a man of honor, Duke coach K. This kid played for him for 3 years and is told that he no longer needs to be on scholarship because they are bringing in 7 new players (6 recruits and 1 transfer (possible)). Before earlier this week, Duke had overcommitted by 2. Yesterday or the day before, Tyrus Jones announced he was entering the NBA draft. Assuming Vern Carey is going to announce. That will bring the number down to 0, which gets rid of the two scholarships to handle the incoming recruits. Now he needs one more in order to recruit Seth Towns. So he gets Alex O’Connell to leave. Alex O’Connell who was a legacy recruit three years ago, a real diehard Duke player one who has played his best for Coach K. Just was not good enough.

At all times, above the rest, real class act, Coach K.

Did you not see the post a few spots above?
Kid had 3/6 good games against us, and basically nada the other 3 games.

If you think some posters are bitching about Buddy being one-dimensional and streaky, well that would go to plaid if this kid was playing here. :rolleyes:

He’s an older, skinnier, less-talented Buddy.
Sign me up!! :p
He's 6'6 - my thought was a backup 2/3. He's catch-n-shoot at the 2 and at SF he'd get big-boyed on the glass (as Buddy would). So I concede he's a plan B. We're not exactly deep at either position (or killing it on the recruiting trail) and the kid can shoot - although his last year at Duhk - yikes. Just an idea.

Last edited:
Wow at getting pushed out the door. His father played there too meaning he was a legacy. Embarrassing.

Person Of Substance?
Another story. My nephew's two sons for some reason are Duke fans. Several years ago, he and his wife took the two of them to a Duke game at Cameron for the oldest's 16 birthday (the younger one was 7). They obtained a players tickets a few rows behind the Duke bench. They were forewarned. Every other word out of K's mouth was an Fbomb. Not what a seven year old should hear. Classy POS.

Wow at getting pushed out the door. His father played there too meaning he was a legacy. Embarrassing.