Class of 2019 - SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting stuff...would think the staff will be all in on little battle still then for sure! And if carey is still there and playing the 1 as well as having hw in the fold as a junior they will have some depth I guess unless they plan on shuffling some guys around

As I've said, Khalif is not so little. We could sell on being a 3/2. Interchangeable parts are what we like.

As I've said, Khalif is not so little. We could sell on being a 3/2. Interchangeable parts are what we like.

Hey I like it! As long as we keep restocking the shelves with talent I'm all for it!

One other thing on Brycen. He turns 18 later this month, so he will be 20 when he plays his first game for Syracuse. He will not be your normal freshman.

And let's give Gerry some credit here. This kid loves him and trust me, he's going to skyrocket up the rankings the next two years and Gerry locked him in early.

One other thing on Brycen. He turns 18 later this month, so he will be 20 when he plays his first game for Syracuse. He will not be your normal freshman.

And let's give Gerry some credit here. This kid loves him and trust me, he's going to skyrocket up the rankings the next two years and Gerry locked him in early.
Is there any way that Brycen could reclassify as 2018 recruit and become the PG JAB is looking for??

Reason I ask is that Jalen Carey really is a scoring guard at this time. He may play point guard this year for his high school but right now he has a shoot first and pass later mindset. If he does not come to SU, Brycen could be the next option.

Great interview. Thanks for the insight. Raises questions about Jalen L. and Jalen C. If Coach B sees Brycen as his point guard.

Jalen Carey is more likely one and done than not.

Is there any way that Brycen could reclassify as 2018 recruit and become the PG JAB is looking for??

Reason I ask is that Jalen Carey really is a scoring guard at this time. He may play point guard this year for his high school but right now he has a shoot first and pass later mindset. If he does not come to SU, Brycen could be the next option.

Brycen reclassified once. I guess it's possible but I don't know the particulars of his academics. Bottom line is JB said to Brycen he wants him to play PG but JB wants almost all his guards to play PG and handle it a lot. I do think it's newsworthy only because we have only heard and read about Brycen as a 2.

Kid out of Baltimore with the thickest calves ever.

McCrae is better than McNeil. Great call out.

Hmm.

I think the guard I'd go with would be Michael Lloyd, in terms of explosiveness. Or Flynn. Those two were stud athletes.

Raises no questions as to Jalen C. Doesn't even mean he's one and done. Remember where MCW started his career. Not everyone starts from day 1.

I still think my money would be on Carey being one and done.

Mike Brown?

???

Michael Brown from Baltimore? I don't remember him as being explosive, but rather a promising jump shooter who didn't pan out and transferred (Clemson?)

He was still significant, however, in being a McDonalds AA recruit who's signing indicated we'd be able to parlay the Pearl phenomenon into a higher level of national recruiting.

I hope this wasn't already posted. If you can get beyond the ridiculous British sounding computer accent this is a nice piece on Goodine and why he fits for Syracuse:

I hope this wasn't already posted. If you can get beyond the ridiculous British sounding computer accent this is a nice piece on Goodine and why he fits for Syracuse:

I could only the voice for about 15 seconds.

Michael Brown from Baltimore? I don't remember him as being explosive, but rather a promising jump shooter who didn't pan out and transferred (Clemson?)

I vaguely remember him... he was from South Carolina. We beat out USC in his recruitment to only have him transfer after a semester. He landed at USC. Not sure whatever happened to him but he didn't last very long at South Carolina.

As for Goodine, I'm excited as heck to have him wear Orange! Love the fearlessness that he shows when driving to the hoop.

Last edited:
Yeah that will be the goal. Wish Khalif would pull the trigger...love the Battle gene pool
if I was a member of the Battle Clan, I would wait to see how this year plays out. Whether or not Tyus gets everything he wanted out of his 2 years at Syracuse is critical information that you're not going to have about other programs.

I vaguely remember him... he was from South Carolina. We beat out USC in his recruitment to only have him transfer after a semester. He landed at USC. Not sure whatever happened to him but he didn't last very long at South Carolina.

As for Goodine, I'm excited as heck to have him wear Orange! Love the fearlessness that he shows when driving to the hoop.

Sounds a lot like this guy.

Mike Jones

Psst, everybody:

Wesley Johnson.

I've never seen any Syracuse player leave the floor faster, and that includes Stevie.
The great athletes also seem to be able to get the second jump off the ground in record time. The first jump is where the battle for the board begins, and then on the second jump, these A level athletes grab boards or score. Wes, Hak, Stevie, were all so gifted at that.

The great athletes also seem to be able to get the second jump off the ground in record time. The first jump is where the battle for the board begins, and then on the second jump, these A level athlete grab boards or score. Wes, Hak, Stevie, were all so gifted at that.
DC. And Ricky Jackson was a very good rebounder his senior year.

Last edited:
Sounds a lot like this guy.

Mike Jones
Transferring sure worked out well for him.

image-showing-crashing-passenger-plane-mid-air-complete-smoke-trail-fire-engine-perfect-image-illustrating-aviation-disaster-note-29824790.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.