Class of 2019 - SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's already been talked about on here but interesting little tidbit on goodine possibly reclassifying back into the 18 class.

It's already been talked about on here but interesting little tidbit on goodine possibly reclassifying back into the 18 class.

Not sure that makes much sense, especially if we net Carey.

Our guards next year would be:

Carey
Goodine
Frank Howard
Howard Washinton
Elijah Hughes

5 guards? That's not happening. Strategically it doesn't make sense for Goodine or SU.

Carey
Goodine
Frank Howard
Howard Washinton
Elijah Hughes

5 guards? That's not happening. Strategically it doesn't make sense for Goodine or SU.

Unless it's an insurance policy?

Carey
Goodine
Frank Howard
Howard Washinton
Elijah Hughes

Don't forget Buddy!

Well, look it may very well be possible. If Carey goes elsewhere and someone leaves unexpectedly, then I guess it could happen.

Oh trust me I agree with you on it...just found it interesting that they mentioned the possibility of it...i feel good about carey (altho I am a little worried about miami) but it makes me wonder if carey decides not to come here is the possibility there? And maybe it has been talked about? Just speculating of course

Oh yeah, wow. How did I forget? 6 guards! No frigging way. Regardless, I'm wondering if we are thinking of using Hughes as a 3.

Wouldn't that result in Bazley, Moyer, Brissett, Dolezaj, and Hughes all trying to split the forward minutes? Even if Dolezaj is gone after this year, that's still four guys. Can't imagine Baze leaving the floor much, leaving probably 25-30 minutes for the rest of them to fight over.

Wouldn't that result in Bazley, Moyer, Brissett, Dolezaj, and Hughes all trying to split the forward minutes? Even if Dolezaj is gone after this year, that's still four guys. Can't imagine Baze leaving the floor much, leaving probably 25-30 minutes for the rest of them to fight over.

I get it but with Carey, we'd have 5 guards then. (Goodine is not going to be here next year unless things drastically change. I have a pretty good idea that is not the plan at all.;)) I'm sure the staff knows how this will shake down and has a plan. Perhaps they know of a few roster changes on the horizon.

Just to shut down this Goodine is reclassifying talk, I spoke to his dad and his father said if anyone asks: Brycen is definitely 2019.
Could you also give the definitive word that the rules for redshirting football players haven't changed? Kthx

Jb has a good track record of grooming combo guards & PG's. Dion, MCW, Silent G, BTriche, even going back to Z Sims, Michael(?) Lloyd, & not to mention a failed attempt at turning Devo into a PG one year, mostly due to injuries on the team.
This ain't their first rodeo- if they think he fits the mold, all faith in JB & staff.
and Rautins, who was the true lead guard on the great 2010 squad

Just to shut down this Goodine is reclassifying talk, I spoke to his dad and his father said if anyone asks: Brycen is definitely 2019.
Furthermore, if anyone bothered to actually read the Rovals piece, it literally said nothing about Goodine reclassifying...the writer mentioned the possibility of Jalen Lecque reclassing back to '18.

Furthermore, if anyone bothered to actually read the Rovals piece, it literally said nothing about Goodine reclassifying...the writer mentioned the possibility of Jalen Lecque reclassing back to '18.

Lots of speculation. It said there was "talk" of Goodine reclassifying. That's terrible, just throwing that out there without any facts.

"there has been talk about Goodine jumping a year up and attending college next year."

Not sure if this was towards me or not but in the rovals piece that I did in fact bother to read it mentions, "There is no doubt that Goodine brings great upside to the Orange but the one thing that Syracuse fans need to keep tabs on is that he may enroll a year early. While nothing is set in stone, there has been talk about Goodine jumping a year up and attending college next year." That is the only reason I mentioned it as a possibility.

Lots of speculation. It said there was "talk" of Goodine reclassifying. That's terrible, just throwing that out there without any facts.
Yeah, "talk" can be from anywhere. Fans can talk about it, because any kid that reclassifies up, can theoretically reclass back down if it benefits him and his coursework is in order. But, in Goodine's case, he would greatly benefit from working on his PG skills and gaining strength.

Not sure if this was towards me or not but in the rovals piece that I did in fact bother to read it mentions, "There is no doubt that Goodine brings great upside to the Orange but the one thing that Syracuse fans need to keep tabs on is that he may enroll a year early. While nothing is set in stone, there has been talk about Goodine jumping a year up and attending college next year." That is the only reason I mentioned it as a possibility.
My apologies. We're clearly reading 2 different pieces. In the one linked on the tweet you posted (with Ollie pictured), I'm not seeing what you're quoting but I don't doubt you're pulling it from somewhere. Or maybe I'm just totally missing it?

This tweet:

My apologies. We're clearly reading 2 different pieces. In the one linked on the tweet you posted (with Ollie pictured), I'm not seeing what you're quoting but I don't doubt you're pulling it from somewhere. Or maybe I'm just totally missing it?

This tweet:

Hmm that's the link for me that takes me to the article...its all good tho I was pretty sure I read him mentioning it in there so I went back and checked and he definitely referenced him possibly coming a year early...not sure where zags would even get that from but whatev...goodine in 19 sounds good to me! Let's just land Carey for 18!

Haven't you heard though, Hughes is better than two Bazley's

RF2044 I sent you an inbox the other day
Copy me. If the reclass "talk" has legs we're talking about a major shift, as indicated in the roster you posted above (loaded with '18 guards).

Carey
Goodine
Frank Howard
Howard Washinton
Elijah Hughes

But 4 would, if there's atrition (not suggesting anything, just speculating).

Status
Not open for further replies.