Class of 2019 - SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You also have Cooney on your starting 5 of SU players from the past 10 years.

If it's the thread I'm thinking of, the joke/sarcasm went right past you.

You're predicting that Gerry takes over for JB with no previous head coach experience and - to date - he's landed 2 unproven top 100 recruits in his tenure? Something doesn't seem right there.

You're scaring me

Disagree re GMAC, won't be Red either unless JB retires winning #2. If that happens, JB leaving after winning #2, and the shelves are stocked, it's going to Red.

If it goes Gerry, Red & Griff are gone. That won't happen b/c recruits that signed b/c of JB via Red & Griff would leave the next day.

However, i would NOT discount, in fact i would put it at 90% HOPKINS will be the next head coach in 5 years, unless he fails miserably. If he does just OK, he is the next HC.

Red wants to be a HC. He get calls about open positions just like HOP did.

Had J Wildhack not step up quickly, give him credit, it was chaos, it would have been a mess.

GMAC was going with HOP and Red & Griff were leaving together and were ready to sign somewhere else.

Red has been a key face for SU on the road for the past 5 years, he's at every NBA camp, every major event, while JB & HOP were at the Olympics, the program was allowed 2 coaches on the road, JB was not traveling b/c Hop was taking over, etc.

Red gets calls just like HOP did.

With all due respect, herd mentality is believing that everyone that commits to Syracuse to going to be awesome.
well, that's not my herd. the only guys i'd project as "awesome" are bazely & sidibe. but i do think that hughes & goodine will play well above their current rankings

Disagree re GMAC, won't be Red either unless JB retires winning #2. If that happens, JB leaving after winning #2, and the shelves are stocked, it's going to Red.

If it goes Gerry, Red & Griff are gone. That won't happen b/c recruits that signed b/c of JB via Red & Griff would leave the next day.

However, i would NOT discount, in fact i would put it at 90% HOPKINS will be the next head coach in 5 years, unless he fails miserably. If he does just OK, he is the next HC.

Red wants to be a HC. He get calls about open positions just like HOP did.

Had J Wildhack not step up quickly, give him credit, it was chaos, it would have been a mess.

GMAC was going with HOP and Red & Griff were leaving together and were ready to sign somewhere else.

Red has been a key face for SU on the road for the past 5 years, he's at every NBA camp, every major event, while JB & HOP were at the Olympics, the program was allowed 2 coaches on the road, JB was not traveling b/c Hop was taking over, etc.

Red gets calls just like HOP did.
Say Hop makes UW a legit Pac-12 team and borderline top-25 in the next 2-3 years, and offers him more $, would SU pay up and match to get him back here?

We're talking 5 years down the road.
You think our beloved coach is going to last five years???! (He really wants to surpass Coach K in the worst way, doesn't he?)

Aside from having a good playing career at SU, what qualifies him to be the head coach of SU, a top 15 program by any measure, within 5 years?

its a prediction.

Griff? He wasn't here yet.

Uh oh...

loose_thread.png

Say Hop makes UW a legit Pac-12 team and borderline top-25 in the next 2-3 years, and offers him more $, would SU pay up and match to get him back here?

They won't have to pay up, cost of living is lower in Syracuse and you are missing the most important factor......who rules the roost at your house? I know who does at mine.

OK, this probably deserves another thread, but Gerry as head coach?? I thought a lot of people here did not think highly of Gerry? Have I missed a few threads? Don't get me wrong, I love Gerry but he seems a little young for me. I mean, TO me! ( oh, Freud, you rascal!)

That was last summer when he couldn't recruit. This year he's landed a guy and now he's ready to push JB aside as he ascends to his rightful spot on the Carrier Dome throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.