Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

You’re going to be a father soon, right? Your life is going to change like you cannot imagine. If you are any kind of a decent human being, you are really going to learn what it means to care for another person more than yourself, to be ready to make sacrifices to your own wants and desires. I would say that any father or mother that is not involved at least some has not learned that part. Chance’s father sounds like a father who wants his son to learn to make wise decisions, not ones that are impulsive. You are going to learn, and you will look back and know you are a better person because of it.

I already am a father of a 4 year old girl. Regarding Chance we need to start filling up spots. It's frustrating because he was going to commit back in Feb 2020 at the Duke game. We had him.

I already am a father of a 4 year old girl. Regarding Chance we need to start filling up spots. It's frustrating because he was going to commit back in Feb 2020 at the Duke game. We had him.
The decision these kids are making are more involved then ordering a #1 or #2 at McDonalds.

FWIW...I’m hearing more Chance talk from the coaches recently than JJ or Cope. We will end up with one of the three. We’re in good shape with all of them but like recent recruiting, they arent coming into log jams + we’ll still have Symir and JG3

His recent film is showing off his passing a lot more. I really like this kid. I really like Copeland, too.

Recruiting is fluid but looking reallllyyyy good right now. Also if I had to comp this kid look no further than a few years ago. Think this kid plays like Tyus

Hopefully he's a better shooter and passer.

Recruiting is fluid but looking reallllyyyy good right now. Also if I had to comp this kid look no further than a few years ago. Think this kid plays like Tyus
PG version of Tyus...I could see a slight resemblance there

I’m not so sure of the Battle comp. Maybe in athleticism and getting to the basket. I know highlights are just that, highlights. But it appears to me that Chance has a more true shot from outside, is a better ball handler and definitely a better passer.

Damn. So spot on. Someone messaged me asking who would be a direct player comp and I couldnt put a finger on who to compare him to. Tyus is exactly it.
Yeah I just had this conversation with my friend last night. We brought up Tyus and, I better get ready to duck, Julius Hodge coming out of High School. Kids athletic, longer, and does everything well

I’m not so sure of the Battle comp. Maybe in athleticism and getting to the basket. I know highlights are just that, highlights. But it appears to me that Chance has a more true shot from outside, is a better ball handler and definitely a better passer.
Chance doesn't do anything "great" which is A-OK in my book cuz he has no weaknesses. Everything is pretty good like Tyus (I'm thinking last year Tyus skillset...better passer and ball handler)

Chance doesn't do anything "great" which is A-OK in my book cuz he has no weaknesses. Everything is pretty good like Tyus (I'm thinking last year Tyus skillset...better passer and ball handler)
Exactly, Tyus was never a lead guard but could be in a pinch. Same with Chance. Neither one has terrific ball handling but ball handling that’s good enough to run an offense. Chance probably does have a better shot coming out of high school but they were both known for attacking the rim and being good all around players coming out of high school. I terms of size, build and athleticism, I think they are very similar. I think Tyus is Westry’s best comp, just in my opinion.

Exactly, Tyus was never a lead guard but could be in a pinch. Same with Chance. Neither one has terrific ball handling but ball handling that’s good enough to run an offense. Chance probably does have a better shot coming out of high school but they were both known for attacking the rim and being good all around players coming out of high school. I terms of size, build and athleticism, I think they are very similar. I think Tyus is Westry’s best comp, just in my opinion.
I think Westrys's game is a lot more like Hughes.