Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

Joking aside, without having any inside info, this one does seem to have some funky vibes to it that makes it hard to be all that optimistic about. It is comforting to know that we're going hard after Quadir and JJ though, so I'm sure it'll work out well for us in the end.

Much like Clingan with Hunter Dickinson, I would say LSU showing Chance tape of Cam Thomas and saying “this will be you”’is a damn good recruiting pitch

Joking aside, without having any inside info, this one does seem to have some funky vibes to it that makes it hard to be all that optimistic about. It is comforting to know that we're going hard after Quadir and JJ though, so I'm sure it'll work out well for us in the end.

Yup. There are some parallels here with Anthony Davis [not exactly the same, but similar way things are unfolding], and I think we can expect a similar outcome.

Where have you been the last year+?
I have not seen that anyone has been convicted of anything yet, nor do I keep track of who is coaching where except for SU. I understand you feel their coach is a cheater, he may be, but I have no definitive knowledge of that. I in fact had no knowledge that one of the coaches involved in the FBI investigation, which I was aware of, was coaching at LSU. Why would I? I don not follow LSU athletics unless we play them.
My comments were not about their coaching staff, but my impression of their facilities, the overall campus atmosphere, and their academics. Sorry that you have difficulty with the concept that those things can be evaluated separately.

No idea how this plays out. Maybe it's me but shouldn't we actually wait for a decision and some proof before we start implying payouts, bags being taken...yadda, yadda, yadda? I mean what if after the LSU visit he makes a call and commits to Syracuse? Is his dad still unethical or is it all good?
I have not seen that anyone has been convicted of anything yet, nor do I keep track of who is coaching where except for SU. I understand you feel their coach is a cheater, he may be, but I have no definitive knowledge of that. I in fact had no knowledge that one of the coaches involved in the FBI investigation, which I was aware of, was coaching at LSU. Why would I? I don not follow LSU athletics unless we play them.
My comments were not about their coaching staff, but my impression of their facilities, the overall campus atmosphere, and their academics. Sorry that you have difficulty with the concept that those things can be evaluated separately.

the point is that it’s well known that LSU and Wade pay players families and/or handlers. It’s been caught on an FBI wiretap and Wade smirked his way through a cringeworthy press conference when asked about it. The shamelessness and arrogance he showed when confronted with evidence of his cheating is jaw dropping. He should never be allowed to coach again in CBB. That said, I don’t know if Wade and his money men are gonna pay Chance but I’d have to assume theyll “make a strong-a$$ offer.” Btw, I’m not necessarily blaming the Westrys for going that route, especially if they’re not well off.

Now that paying players is legal better believe Pearl and Wade will beat any offer for the guys they want. Probably already have a presentation for parents and handlers about an estimate of what they can expect to clear from NIL.

Now that paying players is legal better believe Pearl and Wade will beat any offer for the guys they want. Probably already have a presentation for parents and handlers about an estimate of what they can expect to clear from NIL.
SEC $

One thing I've noticed with Chance is that our current players don't really interact with him on social media like they do with other guys. (JJ/JT/DC/Flip) Any of our insiders have insight on how his visit went as far as hanging with the players? Usually you see our guys helping recruit these kids but this one is a little different.

One thing I've noticed with Chance is that our current players don't really interact with him on social media like they do with other guys. (JJ/JT/DC/Flip) Any of our insiders have insight on how his visit went as far as hanging with the players? Usually you see our guys helping recruit these kids but this one is a little different.
Noticed the same thing.. also noticed it with Copeland as well.