Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

NIL is clearly a factor here, as it should be, but Chance also has a relationship with ‘22 LSU SG verbal Justice Williams from Philly. Who could have ever foreseen an all PA-born backcourt in Baton Rouge?

LOL And you think any of those kids are going to school? Really? The money at those places is the tip of the iceberg. Once again, just stop. What class was Kyrie going to at Duke? How about those non classes at UNC? You think kids are going to class at LSU? LOL
And just to carry out this money being less egregious that academic fraud, let's play it out. A school pays 5 basketball players $500K each to go there. School two has a student write a term paper for one of it's students. Clear academic fraud. You think that the writing of that paper, clear academic fraud, is worse than paying 5 players half a million each. Have I got that right?
The point is that there are degrees.. We did things we shouldn't have done. No question. Others have done things in my opinion, far worse that are just ignored. Even when they are caught on tape doing them.

Most rational fans, maybe 90%, know good and well SU sports is not as “pure as the driven snow”- that’s totally beside the point. We were punished for relative bs compared to some others. I detect a semblance of self-loathing in the rush to “set things straight”. No delusion involved- we were basically hosed. But are we totally innocent? Of course not…but i don’t see anyone claiming that we were.

Last edited:
He fits best out of any prospect we’re after. I hope there’s an NIL pitch for him on our end, could even the playing field out with LSU

Whoa...they were considered by many to be the favorite here. I hope I'm not slowly being sucked back into this one. (I do hope I'm being sucked in...im a sucker for cuse recruiting heartbreaks) and Chance would be a absolute stud at Syracuse.

This kids recruitment is pure insanity...

20 years ago, this kid would have played out his days in Harrisburg. Teamed up summers with kids like Jerace Walker and Quadir Copeland. Taken five officials. Got a few hundred dollar handshakes, maybe a bag, and ended up at a proper basketball school.

Why anyone would intentionally wade into the recruiting quagmire ... it's beyond me. Maybe in a year or two this will all settle down. The NBA used to love HS draft picks, till they started losing money on them. Imagine NIL will be similar.

Regarding Arizona State, do they have a preferred relationship with Hillcrest Academy similar to the way Syracuse has had with Brewster Academy in the past?

So you're saying there's a chance...

Inserst dumb and dumber meme that i am too old to figure out how to do but young enough that i should know anyway...

Point guard. Maybe affects Westry. Not as highly ranked as Westry, but could mean they don’t think they get Chance.

Put his picture on a Hoffman Hot dog package. Have Weitzy throw in a 100 catalytic converters and call it good.