Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

What I want to know… Do LSU fans think Will Wade is some charismatic amazing recruiter who’s landing all these players legitimately? Or do they understand that the coach and boosters are paying players to come there?
It’s probably like UK fans with Calipari.

SU FB had “handshake guys” in the 60’s. (Read : “Out of their league” by SU alum Dave Meggesy.) Why people think SU is pure as the driven snow is beyond me.
Not just football, and a lot more recently than 1960s. I've never understood how a program that has been on probation twice is viewed by its fanbase as being so clean.

Not just football, and a lot more recently than 1960s. I've never understood how a program that has been on probation twice is viewed by its fanbase as being so clean.
The attorney I worked for way back when represented a player during the first NCAA investigation. Lots of stuff was well hidden by the players. If Manning wasn’t a cry baby snitch things would have been easier

The difference is the things the basketball team have been punished for werent cheating which makes things viewed differently. YMC jobs aren’t recruiting violations.

The difference is the things the basketball team have been punished for werent cheating which makes things viewed differently. YMC jobs aren’t recruiting violations.
The academics weren’t cheating?

The academics weren’t cheating?
Yes. that is exactly the same as Auburn paying off a QB's father. Or the money that got Zion to go to Duke. And a hundred others. Just stop. We have gone over the speed limit. Maybe a bit more. But not anywhere near what is going on out there. That you can't see the difference is just stunning.

Yes. that is exactly the same as Auburn paying off a QB's father. Or the money that got Zion to go to Duke. And a hundred others. Just stop. We have gone over the speed limit. Maybe a bit more. But not anywhere near what is going on out there. That you can't see the difference is just stunning.
The post I was replying to said we didn’t cheat. We did. That was the point. People make statements in absolutes, and need to be called out on it.
Also, money is far less egregious than academic fraud

Yes. that is exactly the same as auburn paying off a QB's father. Just stop. We have gone over the speed limit. maybe a bit more. But not anywhere near what is going on out there. You can't see the difference is just stunning.
That is what pisses me off. The selective discipline by the NCAA. We were suckers and paid the price. The NCAA is a group of spineless douchebags that do nothing but collect money earned by indentured servants. It’s time for a change.

The post I was replying to said we didn’t cheat. We did. That was the point. People make statements in absolutes, and need to be called out on it.
Also, money is far less egregious than academic fraud
LOL And you think any of those kids are going to school? Really? The money at those places is the tip of the iceberg. Once again, just stop. What class was Kyrie going to at Duke? How about those non classes at UNC? You think kids are going to class at LSU? LOL
And just to carry out this money being less egregious that academic fraud, let's play it out. A school pays 5 basketball players $500K each to go there. School two has a student write a term paper for one of it's students. Clear academic fraud. You think that the writing of that paper, clear academic fraud, is worse than paying 5 players half a million each. Have I got that right?
The point is that there are degrees.. We did things we shouldn't have done. No question. Others have done things in my opinion, far worse that are just ignored. Even when they are caught on tape doing them.

Last edited:
Honestly it was really the chicanery around the AD that made that so barftastic. Other than those stupid communications that stuff is happening on every D1 campus every day. Nothing stuff

Agreed. It was minor, but the optics were extremely bad.

And what was being done for Fab wasn't all that big of a deal, in the big scheme.

Eh….good luck to the kid. We have Benny and Lands coming in with other good players. We are still in on other players. Westry is just one of many. Would it have been nice? Sure. Losing sleep over it? Not the slightest.

Agreed. It was minor, but the optics were extremely bad.

And what was being done for Fab wasn't all that big of a deal, in the big scheme.
That's the problem with absolutes. Some people hear academic fraud end up equating the insertion of two citations in an extra credit paper with the institution of an entirely bogus department designed to inflate grades and keep athletes eligible.

That's the problem with absolutes. Some people hear academic fraud end up equating the insertion of two citations in an extra credit paper with the institution of an entirely bogus department designed to inflate grades and keep athletes eligible.

"Wheelhouse"

The point remains, we cheated. We have cheated.
Do others cheat. Yep. Does that mean anything about our cheating. Nope.
Can’t worry about what did or don’t happen to others.

You’re being obtuse and pedantic.

I mean - even more than usual. ;)

Degree matters. A LOT.

That’s like saying giving somebody a pink belly - or - beating them to death, are both assaults.

I mean - both involve laying hands on another human and causing injury.

So - I can’t say anything or feel outraged about the Capitol riots and the assaults on 100’s of police,
because I once (k, more then once :p) gave somebody a pink belly.

that makes sense. :rolleyes:

I'm actually really good friends with Gorman and I can't wait to ask him about his attendance lol
Hah, make sure you ask him about US History with David Bennett.

I broke the law by smoking herb when it was illegal. So I went to jail for 5 years. This other kid got caught stabbing a random person unprovoked on camera in front of a crowd of people and walked away with no jail time. Who cares if justice wasn't served, I broke the law.

See how stupid that sounds? Good.

Alan P, a waiter at Le Bernardin, didn’t declare $350 in tips as income when he filed his taxes. The man he served that day, Allen W, didn’t declare $350,000 in benefits he received from his employer that year when he filed his taxes.

Examples are fun!

Not sure I agree with the assertion that financial stuff is more egregious than academic stuff, though. Depends.

Anyway, CHANCE WESTRY, FOLKS. THAT‘S THE TOPIC. ANYTHING ELSE AND I WILL TURN THIS CAR RIGHT AROUND.

Last edited: