Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

I haven't workshopped this take yet but... I think an agency giving a high schooler 7 figures makes me a little uncomfortable compared to boosters giving that high schooler a ton of money. By all means get your money but it just seems like there is a much higher chance it's predatory in nature.

I wonder what a kid like Bethea is signing off on in exchange for a deal like that. When you get money from a collective or however else from a booster(s) it is relatively straightforward. This, not so much.

Interesting times now that all of this is a little more public instead of completely in the shadows.
Alternatively... if the athlete is getting 7 figures, that ain't predatory.

Jalil Bethea is a very good high school player with a lot of potential. He made his decision for whatever reason to play for the University of Miami.

He has a lot of opportunities if he continues to develop.

I‘m moving on from him and this thread. I suggest that we all do instead of questioning why he chose Miami and not us. i assume that Bulldog has insight into the offer and if he wants to share it, great . Otherwise, as stated, I have moved on.
Or people can keep posting if they’d like because it’s a fan board. To each their own.

I wonder how many people cared that Taylor Swift got paid to record music at age 14. Or that Justin Rose got paid for golf at 17.

Dude, it’s just lashing out.

No one here would give a sht if Bethea got paid the same amount of money (or more!) if he took his talents to Syracuse instead of South Beach.
Well said. Bummer about Jalil, but all good. Such is life in recruiting. SU still has two really good 2024 commits, lots in play for 2025, and excited about this coming season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom