Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

Benny isn’t an NBA player. To suggest he is, isn’t grounded in reality. I like to discuss the teams and players in the context of reality. Although, I hope he has a killer year and brings us to the promised land.

Let's just see what he does this year under Red. Not saying anything one way or the other. As others said- back to Jalil.

Back to Jalil... he is the guy we need from the 2024 class. The two we have committed are both very nice gets but adding Bethea will make the '24s super special.

Loved seeing the notes about Melo talking to him. Full court press. Also man Bethea, Moore and Freeman - just those three alone is a wow.

Once Moore climbs the rankings as he should, can't see a class with Bethea being outside the top 5 in 24

Loved seeing the notes about Melo talking to him. Full court press. Also man Bethea, Moore and Freeman - just those three alone is a wow.

Once Moore climbs the rankings as he should, can't see a class with Bethea being outside the top 5 in 24
Main issue I see is we could have so many SGs in 24. Given Bethea's talent, it should not disuade him, but a clear path to starter level PT always helps. Not to mention both he and Moore are SGs, in the same class. And just about the same size. Really hope we get him but those appear to be some real headwinds.

Main issue I see is we could have so many SGs in 24. Given Bethea's talent, it should not disuade him, but a clear path to starter level PT always helps. Not to mention both he and Moore are SGs, in the same class. And just about the same size. Really hope we get him but those appear to be some real headwinds.

Don't overthink it. There will be attrition without a doubt. Judah will be NBA bound likely at least one other of our guards too and maybe even 3 if things go really well.

Raise our national profile/brand, put kids in the league, prove NIL is strong and have a young staff that is very player friendly in this modern environment. It will all work its way out.

Just like Judah, I see Jalil wanting to transition to point guard in College; because that's his path to the NBA. Dream lineup for me in 2025 is Bethea and Moore at guard, Chance at small forward. After, we send Judah and JJ to the NBA; and, some good attrition to free up some schollies.

Benny isn’t an NBA player. To suggest he is, isn’t grounded in reality. I like to discuss the teams and players in the context of reality. Although, I hope he has a killer year and brings us to the promised land.
Is this a Benny page or jalil

That class would rival the Waiters, Fair, Melo class, and the Flynn, Green, Scoop, Jackson class IMO.

We could send 1, 2 or even 3 guards to the NBA after this year. Replenishing with Moore and Bethea would be perfect timing, especially combining them with Junior Quadir, JT, and most likely at least 1 of the 3 guards referenced in the last sentence.

Jalil,​

IMG_3877.gif

“I’m going to be looking at which program cares the most and where I am most wanted. Where I can comfortably call a place ‘home.’ I’ll want to play for a school that uses their guards how I like to play, coming off screens, getting up and down, playing in transition, and putting a focus on defense.”

That sounds like the new Orange to me! LGO!

Last edited:
“I’m going to be looking at which program cares the most and where I am most wanted. Where I can comfortably call a place ‘home.’ I’ll want to play for a school that uses their guards how I like to play, coming off screens, getting up and down, playing in transition, and putting a focus on defense.”

That sounds the new Orange to me! LGO!

Sure does.

That sounds the new Orange to me! LGO!
Except he may make his choice before the Orange have demonstrated Red's vision on the court.

Except he may make his choice before the Orange have demonstrated Red's vision on the court.

Well being he would be in year 2- he would have his chance to help further cement that style of play on the court. I think it's smart to hedge on what Red and staff can do on the court but the odds of a good year outweigh the odds of a bad year by a good margin with Judah back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom