Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

Find me any coach in America who travels to see a recruit the day before a conference game.
This is an insane argument. I'd love to land this kid, but if JB was out recruiting the day before one of the biggest games of the year what would that message send to his team? How would they be adequately prepared? How would JB be prepared? We are playing UNC!

This is an insane argument. I'd love to land this kid, but if JB was out recruiting the day before one of the biggest games of the year what would that message send to his team? How would they be adequately prepared? How would JB be prepared? We are playing UNC!
Agreed

it's 2023...get on the ship or be left behind...We're seeing first hand with this program's decline what happens when you don't embrace change/the landscape of your industry.

Huh?

Just one of my posts on high school stats:

Big sample size for Jalil Bethea with over 1000 minutes. The numbers I have on him the last couple years:
  • 1189.8 minutes
  • 121/213 2 pointers (56.8%)
  • 122/308 3 pointers (39.6%)
  • 126/146 free throws (86.3%)
  • 24.7 points/40 minutes on 62.7% TS%
  • 6.9 rebounds/40 minutes
  • 3.1 assists to 2.7 turnovers/40 minutes
  • 1.4 steals/40 minutes
  • 0.6 blocks/40 minutes
Without the context of watching his games, he looks like a stud statistically. The shooting percentages are good at all 3 levels, the TS% is great (his TS% was over 70% in EYBL this year) and he's doing it on high volume as well. Rebounding numbers are very good for a guard, and the assists, steals, and blocks are all fine for what I assume is not a PG role.

it's 2023...get on the ship or be left behind...We're seeing first hand with this program's decline what happens when you don't embrace change/the landscape of your industry.
Embracing change is fine, but as long as the idea that NIL money cannot be used as a recruiting tool (see NCAA rule number 1) then isn't the whole system a farce. You can argue that the NCAA is a non factor and no longer has any power our authority, but until university presidents and administration make that decision we're in a fantasy world where nobody can admit what is going on right before their eyes. The emperor has no clothes mentality is pervasive and really laughable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom