Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

Kiran might be good or even great but there will not be another Melo. Melo honed his skills on the mean streets. He was tough as they come, oblivious to contact.

Great news!

“I’m only a sophomore but I have Bryant Memphis and George Mason right now but I’ve been talking to a lot of schools. Penn State, Syracuse, St. John’s, Morgan State and some HBCUs have been showing interest,"

“Syracuse is a big one for me because of my Dad," said Anthony. "He set the foundation over there so I won’t go wrong if I went there. My options are really open though since I’m only a sophomore.”

You can tell he’s not finished growing. He will end up being over 6’6”. He’s smooth just like his dad. Remember, Melo wasn’t expected to be a one and done until he showed up to campus about 20 pounds bigger.

You can tell he’s not finished growing. He will end up being over 6’6”. He’s smooth just like his dad. Remember, Melo wasn’t expected to be a one and done until he showed up to campus about 20 pounds bigger.

Nitpicking a little but once he committed I thought it was pretty certain one and done was his most likely path. That's how I recall from the old board threads.

If Kiyan ends up being a top recruit in his own right (which is looking very possible), he'll have a lot of clout with other recruits. If a few dominoes fall, I could see him coming in 2025 with some highly ranked friends. Could be an incredible class.

If Kiyan ends up being a top recruit in his own right (which is looking very possible), he'll have a lot of clout with other recruits. If a few dominoes fall, I could see him coming in 2025 with some highly ranked friends. Could be an incredible class.
Agree with this.

Right now, the whole basketball program is on hold waiting for JB to step down and a new HC to be named.

IMHO, the uncertainty is really hurting the program.

I am not stating anything revolutionary here but SUADJW needs to make a decision, line up his new coach, get a contract signed and and make it public.

Then that coach needs to start lining up players like Kiyan to restore the program to its rightful place in college basketball.

Let's get it done ASAP. Hopefully by the end of this month.

Nitpicking a little but once he committed I thought it was pretty certain one and done was his most likely path. That's how I recall from the old board threads.
I don't recall what the fan consensus was or what I thought, but I recall JB thought he would be a 2-year player until he showed up on campus having put on muscle. Hopefully Kiyan has those genes. Still plenty of time for his body to follow in Carmelo's footsteps.