Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

Screenshot_20221113-162932_Instagram.jpg

Can this kid play at a high level? Or doesn't it matter?

He’s a long way from his physical peak. He’s still growing and will get bigger and stronger. He’s highly skilled. When his body catches up, he’s going to be pretty good. He’s only in his junior year.
Class of 2025 kid... he's younger than junior year, isn't he?

It’s only right. I know Melo won’t push him one way or the other, but his legacy is unlike anyone else’s in the program except for a small (and I mean small) select few. Cannot believe Melo’s son may be playing here in a few years. Wow time flies.

Nitpicking a little but once he committed I thought it was pretty certain one and done was his most likely path. That's how I recall from the old board threads.
When he committed, he was not considered a sure fire 1 and done. I recall JB saying after he committed that he was still thin and I know the staff thought he was likely a two year player at that point.

He put on weight toward the end of his senior year and then showed up on campus in the summer much bigger than originally anticipated.

Early in summer pick up games it was apparent he was special and it evolved into a forgone conclusion as the season wore on.

See Weaver’s quote below when Anthony committed.

Last edited:
When he committed, he was not considered a sure fire 1 and done. I recall JB saying after he committed that he was still thin and I know the staff thought he was likely a two year player at that point.

He put on weight toward the end of his senior year and then showed up on campus in the summer much bigger than originally anticipated.

Early in summer pick up games it was apparent he was special and it evolved into a forgone conclusion as the season wore on.
I’ll never forget watching him look great in the McDonalds game and just being in disbelief that we got him.