Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

Going to be running through a bunch of these posts to summarize their numbers on Cerebro's database (charts basically all the AAU competitions and tournaments and maybe some rare regular season high school games).

Anthony's numbers across the last year (across 236.5 minutes of game action):
  • 17/42 on 2 pointers (40.5%)
  • 12/53 on 3 pointers (22.6%)
  • 13/23 on free throws (56.5%)
  • Per 40 minutes, he averaged 14.0 points, 4.2 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 2.4 turnovers, 0.2 blocks, and 0.7 steals on a TS% of 39.5%.

Going to be running through a bunch of these posts to summarize their numbers on Cerebro's database (charts basically all the AAU competitions and tournaments and maybe some rare regular season high school games).

Anthony's numbers across the last year (across 236.5 minutes of game action):
  • 17/42 on 2 pointers (40.5%)
  • 12/53 on 3 pointers (22.6%)
  • 13/23 on free throws (56.5%)
  • Per 40 minutes, he averaged 14.0 points, 4.2 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 2.4 turnovers, 0.2 blocks, and 0.7 steals on a TS% of 39.5%.
Thanks for doing this!

When he committed, he was not considered a sure fire 1 and done. I recall JB saying after he committed that he was still thin and I know the staff thought he was likely a two year player at that point.

He put on weight toward the end of his senior year and then showed up on campus in the summer much bigger than originally anticipated.

Early in summer pick up games it was apparent he was special and it evolved into a forgone conclusion as the season wore on.

See Weaver’s quote below when Anthony committed.

That article says it all. Solid recruit, a regional [i.e., DMV] prospect. Quality "get" as an early commit, but not viewed as elite. Plays great in the summer, against kids ranked higher, ranking goes from top 40 to top 5. Transfers to Oak Hill and blows up even more, playing against a national schedule.

I confess that at the McD's game, I wasn't sure that he could shoot. Still looked skinny. Shows up at SU for summer classes / orientation, and he was a full 6-8 and nearly 230 pounds. Coaches were stunned, it wasn't bad weight either.

And the rest is history.

1668484230841.png
1668484249485.png

I mean this is as much of a done deal as Buddy coming here right? Based on these pictures and the reactions, it almost has to happen.

Let's just hope he continues to work hard to improve. He's only about to begin his sophomore year of HS. The young man has a long ways to go before he begins college.

Besides the bounce pass, the other Carmelo story I remember is that HCJB sat on the stoop of where Carmelo lived on the west side of Baltimore, definitely mean streets, waiting for Carmelo to come home after a practice. Seems unreal

Pretty obvious that both mom and dad (as is Kiyan) are on board for Cuse...
It would be an awesome legacy moment, but it would also be a nice recruiting win too. He has a lot of potential to keep growing physically and his game. Sky is the limit with his genes...

I just read that DeAngelo Collins was almost 22 years old at the time of the McDonald's All American game? How the hell does that happen? They found reasons to not let Paul Harris in the McDonald's Game, but they let a dude that was almost 22 play?