Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

Well, I was just reading about Ace Bailey and Rutgers and he committed there during one of his visits two years ago after Rutgers had a thrilling home win over Ohio State. He was a top 10 Player and didn’t drag out his recruitment and decided terrible Rutgers (gross) was where he wanted to be and committed after the game. We used to get guys like this ALL the freakin time, especially landing them before they really blew up (see Jonny Flynn, MCW, Tyler Lydon and Malachi Richardson). When are we gonna get one of those kind of commitments again? I was hoping Constanza might be one. This madness with recruitments dragging on and on has become annoying and it’s made me less and less interested in following high school recruiting, especially when I hear more and more schools entering the picture (see: Abaev). That said, it was fun landing ninja commitments that came out of the blue recently like Petar, Womack and Luke Fennell. But all those guys were super under the radar.
"This madness with recruitments dragging on and on has become annoying"

Annoying for you, but why does it matter if a kid is taking his time to make the right decision for him? Especially now that there's another factor with NIL on the table that can set them up for life?

Also, the Petar/Womack/Fennell commitments might have dragged on but we just weren't privy to all the details.

Well, I was just reading about Ace Bailey and Rutgers and he committed there during one of his visits two years ago after Rutgers had a thrilling home win over Ohio State. He was a top 10 Player and didn’t drag out his recruitment and decided terrible Rutgers (gross) was where he wanted to be and committed after the game. We used to get guys like this ALL the freakin time, especially landing them before they really blew up (see Jonny Flynn, MCW, Tyler Lydon and Malachi Richardson). When are we gonna get one of those kind of commitments again? I was hoping Constanza might be one. This madness with recruitments dragging on and on has become annoying and it’s made me less and less interested in following high school recruiting, especially when I hear more and more schools entering the picture (see: Abaev). That said, it was fun landing ninja commitments that came out of the blue recently like Petar, Womack and Luke Fennell. But all those guys were super under the radar.
I think getting into the NCAA field with consistency again will help. But, we just did get two guys. Maybe they’re about to “really blow up,” like the names you cited.