Class of 2021 - SG Lucas Taylor (NC) Portal from Georgia State | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SG Lucas Taylor (NC) Portal from Georgia State

This kids overall offensive game, judging from the highlight video (I know) is what Chris Bell should be aspiring to. Good use of the threat of the shot, nice floater/midrange and when he attacks he goes pretty strong.

Taylor wouldn’t be a bad add for guard depth. Good size, spent two years at Wake before getting real minutes at GSt. Played decently vs top 100 competition including JMU. Not a sexy add but a high major kid that made something of his chance to play real minutes. For some because he isn’t a starting quality guard it will get more grumbles but I could roll with such an add. I’d take the Colgate kid as top option personally if it was affordable.

At this point can we just save money for next year and play Moore? He would be the third guard or fourth guard depending on Westry. Moore is top 60.
"save money for next year"?

what for?

this is a 1 year cycle...what if moore and cuffe etc arent contributors this year?

i cant wrap my head around people that would rather have an empty spot on the bench over a player like this!

whats the worst that could happen? he doesnt play...why is that such a bad idea???

At this point can we just save money for next year and play Moore? He would be the third guard or fourth guard depending on Westry. Moore is top 60.

A 1 yr rental that competes with Moore and Cuffe isn’t a bad thing either. That said there is a ton of opportunity for Cuffe and Moore to both work their tails off and surprise everyone with their level of play. It’s still a risk to not add another wing that can shoot it from a depth perspective.

Moore is a fantastic shooter. I really think his lack of ball handling skills will be exposed as a Freshman, but we’ll see

"save money for next year"?

what for?

this is a 1 year cycle...what if moore and cuffe etc arent contributors this year?

i cant wrap my head around people that would rather have an empty spot on the bench over a player like this!

whats the worst that could happen? he doesnt play...why is that such a bad idea???
Worst that could happen is he never plays and the following year we don't have enough money for someone we need.

Moore is a fantastic shooter. I really think his lack of ball handling skills will be exposed as a Freshman, but we’ll see
He can shoot the bleep out of the ball, I agree. Put him with Carlos, Westry, Freeman and Lampkin and he won’t have to handle that much.

Taylor wouldn’t be a bad add for guard depth. Good size, spent two years at Wake before getting real minutes at GSt. Played decently vs top 100 competition including JMU. Not a sexy add but a high major kid that made something of his chance to play real minutes. For some because he isn’t a starting quality guard it will get more grumbles but I could roll with such an add. I’d take the Colgate kid as top option personally if it was affordable.

He looks closer to 6-3 than 6-5, but he's got deeep range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom