Class of 2018 - SG Luther Muhammad (NJ) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Luther Muhammad (NJ)

If we sign this kid, I will sponsor the following on the Dome PA system for each 3.

Along with the Johnnies.. ND, Cincy, Xavier, and the Hall seem to be the most involved with Luther.

Muhammad is another PG option for us if we choose to get more involved. He was always more of a 2, but he has been the Rens PG this spring/summer and running it well. Some will call him a combo but I feel at the next level PG is his best move.

2-way player that is a legit lock down defender and can run the point...

Visits to Butler and St Johns and we need guards? What's going on?

Visits to Butler and St Johns and we need guards? What's going on?

Wish we were more involved here. Maybe we are just that confident in getting Carey. As long as we don't play "let's put all of our eggs in one basket" game again.

2 things that are likely working against SU in this one...
1. Luther has been on record saying that he likes our O, etc. but not our D... zone. He is a man-to-man kid.
2. Hop was the Hudson Catholic guy.

This is a top 100 guy (combo pg/sg) that's a NY kid (Jersey City) who is being recruited by SJU, Seton Hall, Notre Dame, Ohio St, and Butler I think. Admittedly, this is a kid I have not seen much tape on. Is there a reason for the low offers, or is this a guy would could steal? The only competition of those teams listed above IMO would be Norte Dame and they signed P. Hubb. I know he doesn't like zone (or so I've read), but I like his game a lot.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Wondering if we get involved with him now. I know some have mentioned him not liking zone etc but man I sure do like us over the schools listed. I think ND isn't likely with who they have coming so that leaves us against seton hall, osu, Xavier and saint johns...id pick us every single day of the week. Now we have bazley in the fold and we use that to our advantage as well. Obviously we don't want to hurt our chances with carey but can we afford not to have other options at this point? I think David duke isn't a possibility what so ever so who else does that leave besides carey and this guy? Thoughts on this ?