Class of 2018 - SG Luther Muhammad (NJ) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Luther Muhammad (NJ)

Interesting how we are suddenly showing interest here. I mean nobody knows we could have been closed doors but publicly speaking.

I like this...casting a wider net and hopefully putting a little more pressure on guys like carey to decide not to mention I like his game. Great to see our coaches out doing the work...have a feeling 18 will be a very strong class when it's all said and done!

This isn't about Carey.

So we are targeting carey and Luther as well as already having hughes and then throw in buddy along with Washington and possibly a sr frank Howard?

So we are targeting carey and Luther as well as already having hughes and then throw in buddy along with Washington and possibly a sr frank Howard?

Muhammed isn't a point guard. Like at all. Hughes is a wing that can play 2 or 3. Buddy doesn't factor into this equation because he's not taking a scholarship. There are lots of variables in play right now.

Last edited:
I've been trying get to chat Luther up for some time now. He has always been more of a 2/combo up until his switch to the Rens/EYBL where he has been playing more point. He wants to be recruited more as a PG as that is where he would likely fit best at the next level. Kid can ball... and defend! Luther would be a great get for the top of the zone (yes, he is one of the kids that has been on record not liking zone).

Muhammed isn't a point guard. Like at all. Hughes is a wing that can play 2 or 3. Buddy doesn't factor into this equation because he's not taking a scholarship. There are lots of variables in play right now.

I was under the impression that carey and Luther both want to play pg. And hughes would fill battles role at the 2 and would probably see zero time at the 3 especially considering our lineup of 3/4s we already have. And I'm well aware buddy doesn't take a scholarship but he does take a spot on the team to try and get playing time. Just don't see the possibility of Luther and carey coming together. Although I could be wrong and have no inside info I thought both were being recruited for the same position.

And you said Muhammad isn't s point at all? Like jordville posted he made the switch for his ny rens team (played the 2 for high school team cuz quinerly) and wants to be recruited to play the point so not sure how u can say has not a pg at all?

And you said Muhammad isn't s point at all? Like jordville posted he made the switch for his ny rens team (played the 2 for high school team cuz quinerly) and wants to be recruited to play the point so not sure how u can say has not a pg at all?

So an aau experiment means he can run the show at Syracuse? If big Jim thinks so then that's fine with me.

So an aau experiment means he can run the show at Syracuse? If big Jim thinks so then that's fine with me.

I never said that did I? You said he isn't a point at all yet he has played point and wants to be recruited as one. Yes he is more of a combo guard but jb loves turning them into a point even if it sometimes turns out disastrous. Then u said hughes is more of a 2/3 And maybe to some extent he is but there's no way he plays the 3 for us. Just like battle doesn't play the 3 for us. Just think that it's either carey or Muhammad not both but that's only my opinion which means squat.

I never said that did I? You said he isn't a point at all yet he has played point and wants to be recruited as one. Yes he is more of a combo guard but jb loves turning them into a point even if it sometimes turns out disastrous. Then u said hughes is more of a 2/3 And maybe to some extent he is but there's no way he plays the 3 for us. Just like battle doesn't play the 3 for us. Just think that it's either carey or Muhammad not both but that's only my opinion which means squat.

I get it don't get me wrong. Syracuse needs guards period. At the end of the day they're both combos I guess. I just view them as completely different players. That's why I don't think it's one or the other. They could easily co exist in the backcourt.

I get it don't get me wrong. Syracuse needs guards period. At the end of the day they're both combos I guess. I just view them as completely different players. That's why I don't think it's one or the other. They could easily co exist in the backcourt.

Oh I absolutely agree with you that they both could coexist together and would be great at that. I just don't think that's a possibility then again who knows with how our recruiting cycles have gone lately I guess it could happen. I'm not even sure Muhammad has much interest in us. Time will tell. Hopefully we land carey at the very least.