Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
That point cannot be understated. I think a big part of the current five year run (2 S16, a bad call from a 3rd S16, 1 E8 and 1FF) is the quality of players (though the talent upgrade hasn't hurt). Guys like Andy, Wes, AO, Brandon, Kris J, James, Baye, etc, really improve the culture. I really like this year's team, too. The starting guards are great ball players but also appear to be top-notch kids. CJ Fair might go down as an all-time, top 10 type player and person for the program. Those three are leading us now and then throw in Baye's leadership, etc, and you have a making a great core of character types.

Lol. How about: " (2 S16, a bad call from a 3rd S16, a bad call from 1FF and a 2d FF )"

Last edited:
I hope he commits here, but he is going to run into a logjam at the guard positions if he does. He'd arrive in fall of 2015,
to appear with seniors Cooney and Gbinije; juniors Ennis, Patterson, and (likely) BJ Johnson; and sophomore Kaleb
Joseph. Maybe Ennis is gone, maybe Johnson and Gbinije are playing the 3, but he's not jumping ahead of many of those
guys in the rotation as a freshman. Hopefully he's a good kid and doesn't mind the MCW treatment his freshman year.
Or maybe SU has time in the frontcourt, because I'm guessing Grant and McCullough are both gone, that pretty much
leaves Roberson, MG and BJ, plus the classmate Lydon to play the SF position.

Kev
I don't think he has anything to worry about. He is talented and these things have a way of working themselves out. It's not like he won't face a similar situation at Indiana, Uconn or Arizona.

I hope he commits here, but he is going to run into a logjam at the guard positions if he does. He'd arrive in fall of 2015,
to appear with seniors Cooney and Gbinije; juniors Ennis, Patterson, and (likely) BJ Johnson; and sophomore Kaleb
Joseph. Maybe Ennis is gone, maybe Johnson and Gbinije are playing the 3, but he's not jumping ahead of many of those
guys in the rotation as a freshman. Hopefully he's a good kid and doesn't mind the MCW treatment his freshman year.
Or maybe SU has time in the frontcourt, because I'm guessing Grant and McCullough are both gone, that pretty much
leaves Roberson, MG and BJ, plus the classmate Lydon to play the SF position.

Kev

Youre right with your numbers theoretically, but there's no way all those kids will still be on the roster. I would think he'll most likely battle Cooney for a year and then Bus for PT. The rest wont be an issue. Kalebs a pg and Johnson will probably be mostly a three by then, as will MG, who will be a point forward for us.

4.jpg

Good one, Malachi.

Eh, these announcements are the kids time to shine. They don't want the cat to get let out of the bag before the official announcement comes out of their mouths.

I always love it when they put on the SU hat! My concern with Richardson is we will have lot of people at that position but it is for 2015 so who knows what we need at that point. I really like Derrick Jones but with UK on his radar it's probably unlikely. UK must be giving some money to these kids on the side or something.

sorry i'm late to the hoop recruiting party (it's football time) but Malachi is announcing on Friday - correct?

I always love it when they put on the SU hat! My concern with Richardson is we will have lot of people at that position but it is for 2015 so who knows what we need at that point. I really like Derrick Jones but with UK on his radar it's probably unlikely. UK must be giving some money to these kids on the side or something.
Think others are saying that about SU? At UK kids go and play. At SU some really good kids come and sit.
On the other hand, I have good reason to believe no academic work is required of them at UK.

Think others are saying that about SU? At UK kids go and play. At SU some really good kids come and sit.
On the other hand, I have good reason to believe no academic work is required of them at UK.

I think SU players actually do the class work. I wonder if the NCAA rule about GPA average allowing entry into the tournament does not include the 2nd semester if a student drops out of school. I got to believe if the UK kids are getting bad grades then how come they are not disqualified from the tournament.

I hope someday they change the rule so it's like football where students have to attend school for at least 2 or 3 years of college. Boy that would put a damper on UK recruiting. Somewhere I just read and article where a UK grad was complaining about not getting any playing time in the NBA after being "the guy" all his career.

Noooooo. Shocking.

16191887-portrait-of-young-man-with-shocked-facial-expression-isolated-over-white-background.jpg

Does anyone know for sure how his first name is pronounced? I'm thinking Ma-la-keye.

cliftonparksufan said:
Does anyone know for sure how his first name is pronounced? I'm thinking Ma-la-keye.

Mal-a-kie

Ehh Apples and Oranges (no pun intended). At UK GREAT top 10 type talent is brought in every year with the philosophy that pure talent will win out. We bring in very good talent in that 15-70 range that fit our style of play with the philosophy that a slightly less talented player with some experience and put into a position to make the most of his talent > a supremely talented group thrown together and asked to win. So we end up bringing in very few guys who would be likely to be one and done anyway. But they BECOME great while they're here.

Ehh Apples and Oranges (no pun intended). At UK GREAT top 10 type talent is brought in every year with the philosophy that pure talent will win out. We bring in very good talent in that 15-70 range that fit our style of play with the philosophy that a slightly less talented player with some experience and put into a position to make the most of his talent > a supremely talented group thrown together and asked to win. So we end up bringing in very few guys who would be likely to be one and done anyway. But they BECOME great while they're here.

John Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors