Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like we'll get an answer soon. Does Malachi have the discipline to enroll into a situation where he would be predicted to have to put in some time to earn a position on a NC challenging team. I don't think anyone can expect, or sell him, the enticing come on in and start scenario. Not at this point with the start Cooney has had.

On the plus side, if he does choose SU we will know we have someone with an eye to the future. And that bodes well for the use of his time as he prepares for his opportunity. And it keeps that bright SU future illuminating further into the future. Nice.

For him, I think if he can deal with the delay of gratification thing, SU is a better fit. We haven't seen many tall guards at IN for a reason, their system is more designed for the quick midgets, while SU loves the length - see MCW and Rautins. I think deep down he knows where he should go, but does he have the maturity to make it happen?

I have a feeling it's the same erroneous rumor that's been bouncing around for over a week.
:rolling:
Usually the drama, rumors, etc don't end up well for us, but I've learned to enjoy the shenanigans. Besides, after seeing Cuse maul IU at the dome, what raging lunatic would decide: "Hey, I'd love to get on that losing team, that could be me losing one day!"

:rolling:
Usually the drama, rumors, etc don't end up well for us, but I've learned to enjoy the shenanigans. Besides, after seeing Cuse maul IU at the dome, what raging lunatic would decide: "Hey, I'd love to get on that losing team, that could be me losing one day!"
Bummer. This one was setting up so well for us. Jones' odds up to 70/30 for the Cuse. Malachi in response moves up his decision date. This looked like an Orange frenzy.

I think Malachi's visit was more of him reaching out to Cuse to see Indy an extra time. Not that long of a drive. That is all.

I think Malachi's visit was more of him reaching out to Cuse to see Indy an extra time. Not that long of a drive. That is all.
If true I hope seeing a glimpse of his possible future if he goes to Indiana was enough to change his mind.

Bryant, Diagne, Diallo, Silva. I'm not ruling out richardson all together, but the 4 mentioned is where it's at.
Here's what worries me. All are the same position PF/C. For guards, Kaleb will be around but Ennis...maybe? Buss in the mix as well, but BJ probably ends up on the wing by 2015-16 I'm guessing. Oh, Cooney will still be around, nevermind!

Here's what worries me. All are the same position PF/C. For guards, Kaleb will be around but Ennis...maybe? Buss in the mix as well, but BJ probably ends up on the wing by 2015-16 I'm guessing. Oh, Cooney will still be around, nevermind!
Trust in the staff brother!

Ideally Briscoe would be my first choice since it looks like Ennis will be gone he'd get the PG minutes he wants... but seems like that's not happening. So I'd want Bryant, Jones, Diagne/Diallo, Richardson, Divincenzo, Howard, Silva in that order. But not sure how many spots will be open. Trust whoever commits is someone the Staff wants for a reason.

Trust in the staff brother!
In Staff, I will trust.
yoda.jpg

Ideally Briscoe would be my first choice since it looks like Ennis will be gone he'd get the PG minutes he wants... but seems like that's not happening. So I'd want Bryant, Jones, Diagne/Diallo, Richardson, Divincenzo, Howard, Silva in that order. But not sure how many spots will be open. Trust whoever commits is someone the Staff wants for a reason.
I think Bryant is número uno he's really really good. One of Diagne, Diallo, and Silva I think we get. If we can mix a guard in that's icing on the cake.

I don't see Jones coming here after the Lydon commit.
Our forwards are pretty interchangable. If we take 2 forwards I don't think Lydon would be an issue. I think Bryant would prevent Jones from coming though and he's our top target right now. But if he (God forbid) commited elsewhere, I bet we'd be hot after Jones again.

Our forwards are pretty interchangable. If we take 2 forwards I don't think Lydon would be an issue. I think Bryant would prevent Jones from coming though and he's our top target right now. But if he (God forbid) commited elsewhere, I bet we'd be hot after Jones again.
Jones isn't that good IMO. Might be a reason he didn't commit to UK during big blue madness.

Jones isn't that good IMO. Might be a reason he didn't commit to UK during big blue madness.
This is where I defer to the staff. I've seen highlights, read about, and at most seen a game or two of any of these guys.

My Christmas wish for 2015 is Bryant, Diallo and Briscoe to go along with Lydon. I know one thing, I am glad that JB and his staff know what they want and go after what they want. As opposed to the Calipari's who goes after every top ranked person and once he gets them can't find a way or have enough balls to go around to make them into a team. I still think the year they won it with Davis was more of an anomoly than the norm. Trust in JB and his staff, ABSOLUTELY!!

I'm really hoping we land this kid. Hope the pay side comes through.

It can't hurt that we pounded them at our place and he was there to witness the ass whopping Ind got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom