Class of 2020 - SG/SF Alan Griffin (NY / Illinois) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SG/SF Alan Griffin (NY / Illinois) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of right now yes. But they have a new vote coming up to allow transfers to compete immediately, don’t forget.
Transfers are going to be able to compete immediately. Book it.

I've got a sneaking suspicion based on nothing that he's coming but he's got to milk it a bit so no one screams "tampering." I suppose that also applies to Miami! So let's say Griffin to Miami just to avoid the jinx.

Tape - Sidibe - Edwards - Ajak - Guerrier -Dolezaj - Newton - Braswell - Griffin -Boeheim - Girard - Richmond

The answer, of course, is it will depend on how much he develops.

My guess (depending on his ability to work out and practice over the offseason) is that he's going to be a lot better next year than he was this year. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he led the team in scoring even if Griffin and Tape were both playing for us next year.

Wow, that would be something! With Griffin, there's a lot of offensive firepower on this team. You could have 6 guys who could legitimately score 20 on a given night. We could be back up into the 80s for scoring average. We'll need every point!

Even without the new rule, all he has to say is he wants to be closer to home after the Coronavirus and no one would turn him down for a waiver. No matter what he calls on the NCAA coin flip.

Situational. Depends on the game. I think he will be hard to keep off the floor because he had the toughness like you said and his rebounding ability. Also depends on how well he progresses (jumpshot, handles, etc) I’m sure there will be games where he goes out and plays 30 minutes, I’m sure there will be games where he goes out and plays 10-15 minutes where he might be having a bad game or other forwards are just playing well.

It’s a good problem to have. Marek will be tough to keep off the court. Personally I think Griffin will be a stud (not Hughes level) but I think he will be really good. So he’ll be tough to keep off the court but you can always slide him to the 2. Then what is Braswell and JBA take a big step forward this offseason? A lot of unknowns and a lot that can ply out so it’s impossible to tell at this point. We’ll have to wait until some preseason games or early schedule games to see how things shake out.
Would Griffin get a waiver to play this year as a traditional transfer?

I don’t see it. Coaches and schools are really against changing the sit-out rule. Some conferences said they support it, but only for PR purposes. It’s a good rule and always has been.

It’s a good rule and always has been.
Maybe it would be a decent rule if coaches had to sit out a year when they take a new job before their current contract expires. Or if players in non-revenue sports had to sit a year.

I’ll be shocked if the rule isn’t changed, as it should be

Need a GPA number linked to granting it to ensure they are still "student athletes" 3.0 2.5 something along those lines?

Need a GPA number linked to granting it to ensure they are still "student athletes" 3.0 2.5 something along those lines?
No...as long as they are academically eligible they’ll be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.