Class of 2020 - SG/SF Alan Griffin (NY / Illinois) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SG/SF Alan Griffin (NY / Illinois) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We usually don't sign kids without a visit, but who knows in these uncertain times.

Na, something is happening at Duke for Tape not to happen. Either Carey or Stanley or a possible reclass is making this decision
I agree I think Tape de-commit was a Duke call not the player.

We usually don't sign kids without a visit, but who knows in these uncertain times.
True like with Kadary. But I think this such a unique situation we’d take the commitment

They cant visit. Unless a kid wants to wait they will need to do a virtual tour.

No kidding, but they did just extend the recruiting calendar.

Think he's a greater need than Tape'. We already have 3 Centers, one who ended off the year strong and another 2 who will have a long offseason to get stronger and better. We don't have an inside/outside scorer like Griffin.

Call me crazy. But if we add Griffin and Tape we could be a pretty good team next year assuming everyone makes some progress this off season.

PG-Girard
SG-Buddy
SF-Griffin
PF-Marek
C-Tape/Sidibe

Bench
Quincy
Tape/Sidibe
Richmond

JBA
Braswell
Newton
Edwards

I don’t think we will have a true star like Hughes this year. But I see a lot of balance and a few players averaging in the 11-16 ppg. I also think our front line will be solid. Our biggest question mark will be if Richmond is ready to play. If he is watch out. Luckily if Griffin comes here he can slide to the 2 and is a serviceable ball handler.

Call me crazy. But if we add Griffin and Tape we could be a pretty good team next year assuming everyone makes some progress this off season.

PG-Girard
SG-Buddy
SF-Griffin
PF-Marek
C-Tape/Sidibe

Bench
Quincy
Tape/Sidibe
Richmond

JBA
Braswell
Newton
Edwards

I don’t think we will have a true star like Hughes this year. But I see a lot of balance and a few players averaging in the 11-16 ppg. I also think our front line will be solid. Our biggest question mark will be if Richmond is ready to play. If he is watch out. Luckily if Griffin comes here he can slide to the 2 and is a serviceable ball handler.
I think Quincy will be a Star. Even if he comes off the bench.

I think Quincy will be a Star. Even if he comes off the bench.
Yup. I think he’ll be hard to keep off the floor. We actually have legitimate depth on the front line again. We’ll have a good rotation with Quincy, Marek, Griffin (sometimes JBA/Braswell at the 3/4 spots).

Then at center we have two legit players in Tape and Sidibe. If we are in serious trouble we can always slide Marek or Edwards in too. I hope Edwards takes a RS though. I would really like the makeup of this team. Every player brings a different skill set.

Can we get Sidibe to put on 20 lbs of muscle? And Edwards 40 lbs? I don’t want to see Marek have to play the 5 again this year. I really don’t. The kid deserves a break.
How about 60lbs for Ajak

PG-Girard
SG-Buddy
SF-Griffin
PF-Marek
C-Tape/Sidibe

Bench
Quincy
Tape/Sidibe
Richmond

JBA
Braswell
Newton
Edwards

How many minutes do you see Q getting in this scenario? He brings a toughness we haven't had in awhile

How many minutes do you see Q getting in this scenario? He brings a toughness we haven't had in awhile
I’m not CuseMan4 but...here is my breakdown and I know it won’t shake out like this because guys will play 35+. But I envision 30 minutes for the starters, besides the centers.

PG Girard 30, Richmond 10
SG Buddy 30, Griffin 5, Richmond 5
SF Griffin 25, Marek 15
PF Marek 15, Quincy 25
C Sidibe 20, Tape 20.

I’m not CuseMan4 but...here is my breakdown and I know it won’t shake out like this because guys will play 35+. But I envision 30 minutes for the starters, besides the centers.

PG Girard 30, Richmond 10
SG Buddy 30, Griffin 5, Richmond 5
SF Griffin 25, Marek 15
PF Marek 15, Quincy 25
C Sidibe 20, Tape 20.

I applaud, agree with and share your optimism, its the bold that concerns me. We can hope...

I applaud, agree with and share your optimism, its the bold that concerns me. We can hope...
I think JB plays the bench more when the players merit more playing time. But, they really have to show they are ready. I think they will.

Situational. Depends on the game. I think he will be hard to keep off the floor because he had the toughness like you said and his rebounding ability. Also depends on how well he progresses (jumpshot, handles, etc) I’m sure there will be games where he goes out and plays 30 minutes, I’m sure there will be games where he goes out and plays 10-15 minutes where he might be having a bad game or other forwards are just playing well.

It’s a good problem to have. Marek will be tough to keep off the court. Personally I think Griffin will be a stud (not Hughes level) but I think he will be really good. So he’ll be tough to keep off the court but you can always slide him to the 2. Then what is Braswell and JBA take a big step forward this offseason? A lot of unknowns and a lot that can ply out so it’s impossible to tell at this point. We’ll have to wait until some preseason games or early schedule games to see how things shake out.

Situational. Depends on the game. I think he will be hard to keep off the floor because he had the toughness like you said and his rebounding ability. Also depends on how well he progresses (jumpshot, handles, etc) I’m sure there will be games where he goes out and plays 30 minutes, I’m sure there will be games where he goes out and plays 10-15 minutes where he might be having a bad game or other forwards are just playing well.

It’s a good problem to have. Marek will be tough to keep off the court. Personally I think Griffin will be a stud (not Hughes level) but I think he will be really good. So he’ll be tough to keep off the court but you can always slide him to the 2. Then what is Braswell and JBA take a big step forward this offseason? A lot of unknowns and a lot that can ply out so it’s impossible to tell at this point. We’ll have to wait until some preseason games or early schedule games to see how things shake out.
Think we get Griffin?

Tape - Sidibe - Edwards - Ajak - Guerrier -Dolezaj - Newton - Braswell - Griffin -Boeheim - Girard - Richmond

The answer, of course, is it will depend on how much he develops.

My guess (depending on his ability to work out and practice over the offseason) is that he's going to be a lot better next year than he was this year. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he led the team in scoring even if Griffin and Tape were both playing for us next year.

PG-Girard
SG-Buddy
SF-Griffin
PF-Marek
C-Tape/Sidibe

Bench
Quincy
Tape/Sidibe
Richmond

JBA
Braswell
Newton
Edwards

Doesn't Griffin have to sit out a year as a transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.