Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Buddy played tremendous this weekend in Johnson City. Obviously the competition wasn't the same as he'd been facing in the EYBL, but it was still quality competition nonetheless, and much of the time Buddy was the most dominant player on the floor. He is not just a shooter any more...his ability to put it on the floor, finish around the rim, and rebound in traffic was impressive. What really stood out was how many steals and deflections he got...seemed to have a knack for anticipating passes and getting his hands in the passing lanes. Such a heady player, great basketball IQ (which is obviously not surprising), seems to have the "it" factor when it comes to playing winning basketball. It will take him some time to adjust to ACC level basketball, but he is no doubt an exciting prospect!

no explosion at all. but the ball finds the bottom of the net.

just comparing our white guards here: cooney had the explosion. devo had the explosion. Gerry didnt Rautins didnt. Im happy with Gerry and Rautins.

no explosion at all. but the ball finds the bottom of the net.

just comparing our white guards here: cooney had the explosion. devo had the explosion. Gerry didnt Rautins didnt. Im happy with Gerry and Rautins.

Gerry had it. If you are his height and you flush a two-handed oop on the break, you have explosion.

Gerry had it. If you are his height and you flush a two-handed oop on the break, you have explosion.

I think you are misremebering this - or perhaps you imagined it during some fever dream. :p

I honestly don't recall GMac dunking the ball EVER.
FWIW, Gerry is real-world 5'11" tall, and has legs like a distance runner.
I seriously doubt he could even get his wrist over the rim, much less while holding a regulation-sized basketball.
He probably dunks the ish out of a Nerf tho. ;)

Rautins did dunk once. IIRC, Scoop did once also.

I honestly don't recall Devo dunking, but man that dude was a wizard at finishing at the rim w/ either hand (and still is).

We know the Cooney Bros could bring the thunder.
My favorite was when he did the steal and stuff thing against BC 3x in a row - I was like, "why do they keep replaying this highlight?":)

I think you are misremebering this - or perhaps you imagined it during some fever dream. :p

I honestly don't recall GMac dunking the ball EVER.
FWIW, Gerry is real-world 5'11" tall, and has legs like a distance runner.
I seriously doubt he could even get his wrist over the rim, much less while holding a regulation-sized basketball.
He probably dunks the ish out of a Nerf tho. ;)

Rautins did dunk once. IIRC, Scoop did once also.

I honestly don't recall Devo dunking, but man that dude was a wizard at finishing at the rim w/ either hand (and still is).

We know the Cooney Bros could bring the thunder.
My favorite was when he did the steal and stuff thing against BC 3x in a row - I was like, "why do they keep replaying this highlight?":)
I think there was video of GMac in high school, maybe a playoff game with that alley oop dunk.

Cooney and Devo had 2 different types of explosion. Cooney def a better jumper than Gerry, Devo with incredible explosive 1st step.

Gerry never really showed any dunking ability in high level setting like college. It was only in high school. Trevor got up with the best of them.

I hope JB is recruiting above and around Buddy, he can shoot, but i do not see much else on that tape, he is too small to play down on the zone, concerning

I hope JB is recruiting above and around Buddy, he can shoot, but i do not see much else on that tape, he is too small to play down on the zone, concerning
He also may not be done growing. At 6'7 instead of 6'5, he would be a bit of a different player. In any event, he has that skill that we need badly.

I wonder who Buddy thinks is more explosive - Devo or GMac?
:p

lol you pulled a "me". Even if Buddy could have an explosive step like Devo, I highly doubt he has the mentality/spirit of Devo, which is mildly reminiscent of the Notorious One(tm), Connor McGregor...although I hope Buddy doesnt pull a CM or SJ(possibly) and get an under the table payout for doing just enough to alter the results in a negative fashion. Just kidding, coach's son couldnt pull that.

W'boro'Cuse315, thanks for the video, even if off topic. It was great to see. I havent read this whole thread, but I have a question...can Buddy dunk/with authority? If he has the spirit of his dad, I think he could surprise a few people, regardless if that or some gene didnt show up in Jimmy. I really cant wait to see JB get to coach his son.

Curious to see if Boeheim will get Boeheimed(tm)!!!

Saw Buddy play a fair amount in the EYBL this year, can't recall him dunking in a game that I saw. Just not part of his game at this point, at least in the games I saw but spending the year at Brewster should really help him.

Ding ding ding. So much for the know it alls...

i am not insulting #3 in any way shape or form. But would you say he had explosiveness for a major d1 athlete at a blue blood school?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom