Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 151 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Is it just jealousy with the ones that think Syracuse is currently a superior option to Duke? For any real college bball fan, going to a game at Cameron Indoor is the Holy Grail.
No its experience and knowledge. People that are saying syracuse is a better option are saying it's a better option FOR TUCKER. Duke gets several 5 star McD AA every year. Tucker very well may find himself getting just a few minutes per game this year and then recruited over next year. Yes Duke is a level up... but Syracuse is hardly a slouch and it has a big gaping opening for tucker to get all the minutes he wants. All that said... Tucker will commit to duke today or tomorrow, and probably regret it this year or next. Fyi... living in NC... Cameron is a dump.

Duke has a smaller NC fanbase than NC State

It's fanbase is more national than local.

In Charlotte here it's
1. UNC
2. NC State
3. South Carolina
4. Clemson
5. App State
6. Davidson
T.7. West and East Carolina
9. Duke.
When I lived there (1992-1994) WVU fans were #3 on that list. It seemed like a good 1/3rd of the population was transplanted WV-ians.

Is it just jealousy with the ones that think Syracuse is currently a superior option to Duke? For any real college bball fan, going to a game at Cameron Indoor is the Holy Grail.

Possibly some of what we have seen is but there are indisputable reasons for a guy like JT to select Syracuse over Duke. That doesn't mean Syracuse is a superior program. In most measurable ways the programs are not far apart from each other (both have HOF coaching and are top tier programs in the same P5 conference with similar media exposure, top performance as NBA prep schools), the primary difference is that exists now is simply the rosters are structured so that he has a far better opportunity for big minutes and a key role at Syracuse. That isn't homerism, it is fact.

Edit: I will add that he is more likely to see a Final Four in the next 2-3 at Duke than at Syracuse but he would not likely have a huge role on any FF team at Duke. And luck or not, Syracuse has been reaching that level at a rate that is up there with any program.

How funny would it be (I use the term funny loosely) if after all of this he picks GT?
IMG_6454.PNG

He has ties to New York and Atlanta. So GTech and Syracuse make sense. Does Duke wow him so much that he goes to the unknown over family ties and familiarity.
I have to say I hope the kid has much more substance than to be hypnotized by the Duke prestige. He would be "home" at Syracuse and be revered to the utmost. Spurning Duke for us would put this kid at a level not many Freshman have achieved.

I think you're doing a fair bit of projecting here. I have been a rabid college hoops fan for 40+ years. While I would like to see a game at Cameron someday, it is far from my Holy Grail. Actually, the Dome was always my Holy Grail growing up in NoVa in the 80s. I was lucky enough to spend four years at SU and worked in the Dome.

If you love Duke like you love the Dallas Cowboys you have a point, but a lot of people HATE duke like they HATE the Dallas Cowboys.

Personally I'd rather play for UK than ratface, but to each their own.

Nothing personal ... and Duke's a quality program, no doubt. But obviously the hype's over the top with the fan base. The real question Tucker's probably struggling with is ... when the ferry-dust settles, how much PT is he going to get? He'd probably start and fill a vital role at SU .. and come off the bench at Duke with other (equal or higher-ranked) players in front of him. Even if he's confident that he could "play" at Duke, starting - and shining -- at SU is arguably the best way to maximize his exposure. I'm guessing that's his calculus right now.
I'm with you 100 percent

Nah. They're just another good program. Plenty of them out there. Kentucky, Kansas, Arizona, UNC, Syracuse, Indiana, Michigan State, UCLA... Cameron is no more of a grail than any of those places.

Hey Jordan, this room right here is where I banned my guys from going into their own locker rooms...oh oh, and this room is where I told them to strip off all their Duke apparel, yep straight banned Duke merch from my players...
Wait Jordan, where you going?

Duke players can't wear their own gear because their coach is real dramatic, and GT wears Russell Athletic so they don't want to wear their own gear.

Coming in hot from behind the shadows:

Confused as to why many of you seem to think Cuse would be ahead of GT right now in Tucker's recruitment. Even if he did give a silent commit to Cuse when he visited up there, he gave one to GT a last week as well - contingent on receiving a Duke offer. So either things changed and GT made him change his mind on his visit to Midtown Atlanta, or he's just being friendly with both and neither comment meant much at all. Further, there's also rumors coming from pay sites that Cuse has all but stopped recruiting him because they feel out of the race. So, fire at me! What am I missing from your perspective that's leading you to believe Cuse would be ahead of GT here?

Duke players can't wear their own gear because their coach is real dramatic, and GT wears Russell Athletic so they don't want to wear their own gear.

Do all recruits get shirts and shoes on their visits Just curious

Confused as to why many of you seem to think Cuse would be ahead of GT right now in Tucker's recruitment. Even if he did give a silent commit to Cuse when he visited up there, he gave one to GT a last week as well - contingent on receiving a Duke offer. So either things changed and GT made him change his mind on his visit to Midtown Atlanta, or he's just being friendly with both and neither comment meant much at all. Further, there's also rumors coming from pay sites that Cuse has all but stopped recruiting him because they feel out of the race. So, fire at me! What am I missing from your perspective that's leading you to believe Cuse would be ahead of GT here?
ATLien

Sorry, your transmission's coming in garbled. Try again later.