Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 165 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

So JT admits that he delayed his recruitment and committing to anyone because he was waiting for the Kevin Knox decision and hoping if he went elsewhere that Duke would extend an offer. Then when it happened he goes for a visit to Duke...and after all that will choose Cuse? Not buying it. He wanted Duke all along. "I was about to narrow it to just Syracuse but the visit to Duke changed my perspective". But I'd fall over laughing if he came out with his choice and he had a block S shaved into his head.

on an unrelated note, I'm glad to see the GT board melting down, all they seem to say over there is how they never wanna turn into us and they seem to get so happy we have a lot of active posters on here with differing viewpoints. Once they found out it was between us and duke they bashed tucker and bashed us lol damn hippocrits, makes me oddly happy...

Back to JT, first off damn kevin knox! we wouldn't even have to sweat this out if he would have just picked duke but reading that article and the quotes i def think we have a good shot here, would be a billy fuccilo HUGE recruiting win for us if we go head to head vs duke and take it, much to the chagrin of several posters on here insisting we had no chance at him once duke offered

The original "chatter" after Knox went UK was extreme pessimism. That has turned. Some of us were quietly confident before Knox. Some stuff can't be posted. All true.

Honestly, I wish he didn't mention that he was down to Cuse, then Duke came calling. Just means he was hoping for that to happen. Damm you Knox, and UK.

Hopefully, he waited just to see if an offer came so he could take an official, and see if it changed his mind on us.

Then he realized that Duke is nice, and all, but Orange is in his heart. Playing back in NY with friends on the team, fans who look at him as priority number 1, and playing time a plenty.

Instead of getting a headache in that glorified HS gym. With the obnoxious fans who didn't know basketball existed until they got there, hanging over him, and doing all that awkward junk they do.

At least it's over. The first part. Then the meltdown, or celebration. Duke fans will just be like meh, that's cool. We're gonna be over here toasting to The Juice Man. LGO!

The original "chatter" after Knox went UK was extreme pessimism. That has turned. Some of us were quietly confident before Knox. Some stuff can't be posted. All true.

True true. I try not to get too high or too low. Nothing any of us can really do but see how it plays out. Would really love to get him here though. He will be able to take us to another level on the court I believe.

Btw here's a screenshot of the duke board. It seems all fan bases and not just ours get a little crazy when missing out on recruits.

Attachments

• IMG_2547.PNG
    IMG_2547.PNG
    124.3 KB · Views: 332
The whole story seems to strongly favor Duke but it seems it isn't the no brainer decision JT thought it was going to be. He's clearly having a tough time weighing the options which is understandable.

As I read his comments I come away once again feeling bad for Gerry because he might get boned again. But he is clearly building strong relationships with these players. Kinda tough to kill him if he loses one guy to UK and one guy to Duke. Maybe he needs to learn some better tactics on getting them to sign earlier but the concern that he can't build relationships and bond with recruits seems to be dispelled at least to a moderate degree.

Nah. Like you guys there is a bit of melt by those who may not fully get the process. Once Puke got involved most of us realized we had very little chance. We try to head off the running down of the kid. It's a bad look when you don't know who is lurking (coaches, recruits etc) You guys have more people on this board. More people, more melt etc. We are content with getting CGB minutes earlier than originally planned. Kid can shoot it.

I did laugh at your poster who said "he was never going to GT"

Easy to say AFTER the announcement.

He was also never going to UCLA. Or the other 350 schools he isn't going to commit to.

on an unrelated note, I'm glad to see the GT board melting down, all they seem to say over there is how they never wanna turn into us and they seem to get so happy we have a lot of active posters on here with differing viewpoints. Once they found out it was between us and duke they bashed tucker and bashed us lol damn hippocrits, makes me oddly happy...

Back to JT, first off damn kevin knox! we wouldn't even have to sweat this out if he would have just picked duke but reading that article and the quotes i def think we have a good shot here, would be a billy fuccilo HUGE recruiting win for us if we go head to head vs duke and take it, much to the chagrin of several posters on here insisting we had no chance at him once duke offered

The whole story seems to strongly favor Duke but it seems it isn't the no brainer decision JT thought it was going to be. He's clearly having a tough time weighing the options which is understandable.

As I read his comments I come away once again feeling bad for Gerry because he might get boned again. But he is clearly building strong relationships with these players. Kinda tough to kill him if he loses one guy to UK and one guy to Duke. Maybe he needs to learn some better tactics on getting them to sign earlier but the concern that he can't build relationships and bond with recruits seems to be dispelled at least to a moderate degree.
Exactly why I hope we get him. Being a bridesmaid gets you nothing short term and he is more important to us than to Duke.

At the very least, the agony of waiting will be over in a few hours.

If Tucker wants to play a lot and have a faster track to the NBA he will sign with Syracuse. If he's about ego, and needs to have the Duke name across his chest to prove he's worthy, he'll choose Duke. If he's as confident about his game as he claims to be he chooses us... The only recruiting factor we can't match with Duke is weather. His choice...

So it's down to Syracuse and Duke. Two prestigious programs, two HOF coaches, a bunch of great reasons favoring either choice, all of which have been listed ad nauseum in this thread and won't be rehashed by me.

You could easily read a LOT into this decision, like it maybe represents a fork in the road for our program and our recruiting, for G-Mac's career, for JB's reemergence on the trail, and how he will finish writing his legacy. But I'm not going to read that much into it, and you shouldn't either because, at the end of the day, it still comes down to one kid's decision, heavily influenced by the people who know him best and care the most, and there are a whole slew of factors they will take into account that have absolutely nothing to do with the metaphorical direction of our program.

Jordan Tucker is going to do what he perceives is best for Jordan Tucker, as he should. I wish him the best, and hope very much to see him in Orange next season.

#BigBoyed

jk

I feel better than I did Tuesday. He didn't commit during the DUke visit and he kept his timeline consistent with what he's been saying.

Doesn't mean we get him, but at least now it's somewhat up in the air, felt like a Duke lock a few days ago
He may have privately committed, but let's hope not.

Win or lose, on tipp hill tonight trueblue shall booze.

I know one thing, if he picks Cuse I'm gonna party like a Rock Star tonight and will no doubt be hung over at Mothers Day lunch. My Mom is cool and will understand. Make it happen JT!

Nah. Like you guys there is a bit of melt by those who may not fully get the process. Once Puke got involved most of us realized we had very little chance. We try to head off the running down of the kid. It's a bad look when you don't know who is lurking (coaches, recruits etc) You guys have more people on this board. More people, more melt etc. We are content with getting CGB minutes earlier than originally planned. Kid can shoot it.

I did laugh at your poster who said "he was never going to GT"

Easy to say AFTER the announcement.

He was also never going to UCLA. Or the other 350 schools he isn't going to commit to.

GA Tech was very much a player. You guys are going to be very good next year. I've been talking up Lammers on this board all year. Will be first team All-ACC and an All-American candidate.