Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 176 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

tumblr_o5aks7Zs351r0ppt5o6_250.gif

Euro is not a project. You are significantly overstating that.
How good will he be next year?

His offer list tells me he wouldn't be a top 100 recruit if he were American.

Does Euro start at the 3 if we get him? He seems a lot like Brissett and while both are talented, if neither can shoot 35%+ from three, we'll have zero spacing.

I think he has a good chance. Love Brisset, think Brissett might project as a three eventually, but he's more of a 4 right now [think: Jerami Grant].

Tucker would have given us scoring / shooting in one, and helped shore up a big hole we have there.

Would't be surprised to see Battle play the 3 defensively, in a three guard lineup.

How good will he be next year?

His offer list tells me he wouldn't be a top 100 recruit if he were American.

His offer list is irrelevant.

He is a good shooter. He's very skinny. But he is a highly skilled, versatile forward. He needs to get stronger, but that does not make him a "project."

I think he has a good chance. Love Brisset, think Brissett might project as a three eventually, but he's more of a 4 right now [think: Jerami Grant].

Tucker would have given us scoring / shooting in one, and helped shore up a big hole we have there.

Would't be surprised to see Battle play the 3 defensively, in a three guard lineup.
Concerned about Euro's weight, love his skill set.

With what other two guards?

JB did this to Tim Welsh over Andy Rautins.

So I guess it's universal. I would say Rautins doesn't help PC as much as Tucker would have helped us next year.

This player made us a borderline NCAA team. We are now not an NCAA team and probably just above .500 team.

Thorpe is a combo guard and the Euro is a project.

We have a GIANT hole at SF right now.
You've seen euro play? No. And neither have any of the rest of us. And by the way, we may not get him. And the Rautins situation isn't close to the same thing as Tucker. Not in the same league. Let alone the same ballpark. Thorpe is a quality guard. He can hit free throws at the end of games which is more than any pt guard we currently have can say. We have a top 5 player in the league in my opinion. And another who may not be that far off. We are young. Too young. And the league is rough. But I don't know how much some guys have worked and improved over the summer. Since it hasn't happened yet. And no one else does either. I think euro dude and Thorpe make us a better team next year than tucker and euro do. I wanted Tucker. more for the mo it would help create on the recruiting trail than anything else. We need a win. But I'm not giving up on a season that is months away from it's first practice.

My thoughts too. Never understand the "well wishers" when a kid drops us for another school. Just another opponent on the sked now. I wish him many painful Gillon-like losses to SU in the future.

Yeah, exactly. This is sports. I wish him good health, and a successful life like I do to basically everyone.

On the court, I wish him and Duke many, many losses and bad times. Especially against Cuse.

Gary Battle won't allow that.

Jordan has been a master of deception but in the end wasn't deceptive at all :noidea:

need to get Thorpe
JT made it clear he was waiting for another offer the whole time. If he wanted Syracuse he would have committed shortly after his "great" visit over a month ago. Whenever a kid strings you out waiting,waiting, visiting a bunch of times yet never commits it never ends well because they are waiting for something else and don't want you. Why are people shocked at this scenario even though we have seen it many times?

We've been the bridesmaid for the following this cycle:

Tucker
Quade
Randolph
O'Connell

This be getting old fast.

VERY telling... tons of open schollies, unlimted playingtime, dome, melo etc. we struck out on ALL.

Finger's crossed on a possible addition who would help offset the loss of Tucker and then some...
So mystery recruit not named Thorpe or Dolezaj? Ayala seems like a pipe dream for '17 and Wilson can't shoot.

Recruiting wise, everyone is except for Kentucky and Kansas.

He's just a better fit here. Duke, like us, doesn't go deep into the bench and if you can't get off the bench your first year, the way they recruit, you're recruited over. While we kinda do the same, we also have a giant opening at the 3 which would be his.

They also have no natural 3s that are stars. Grayson may play point, Trent at the 2. That leaves him a shot at plenty of playing time if he's good enough. Obviously if they get Duval then any avail mins shrink drastically. I just think if he was good enough to make a huge difference for us then that should equate to him being able to get dome run there too. At least I hope that conversion rate holds up...

I think battle will play more pt than the 3.

I doubt it. Really need to hope that Frank gets his head straightened out now.

And that we can land someone to bolster the backcourt.

You've seen euro play? No. And neither have any of the rest of us. And by the way, we may not get him. And the Rautins situation isn't close to the same thing as Tucker. Not in the same league. Let alone the same ballpark. Thorpe is a quality guard. He can hit free throws at the end of games which is more than any pt guard we currently have can say. We have a top 5 player in the league in my opinion. And another who may not be that far off. We are young. Too young. And the league is rough. But I don't know how much some guys have worked and improved over the summer. Since it hasn't happened yet. And no one else does either. I think euro dude and Thorpe make us a better team next year than tucker and euro do. I wanted Tucker. more for the mo it would help create on the recruiting trail than anything else. We need a win. But I'm not giving up on a season that is months away from it's first practice.
Hope your right.

VERY telling... tons of open schollies, unlimted playingtime, dome, melo etc. we struck out on ALL.
very telling what? We lost out to Duke and Kentucky and Arizona. 3 great recruiting schools. And the Arizona is because of a guy on our team. Not the coaches. If Knox goes to Duke, tucker is at Syracuse. how is that telling? If Kentucky would have got the pt they wanted, Green is at Syracuse. Sorry to disillusion you but we have never been what Kentucky and duke are right now in recruiting. Some would like to think that we were. But we haven't been.