Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 177 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Idk how anyone can think we have a chance at being anything better than a bubble team next year but it is what it is. It's not even a guarantee we get Thorpe or Dolezaj. If that happens we are definitely screwed.

Has there been any actual contact with Thorpe where expressed serious interest in us or is this just a wish?

Idk how anyone can think we have a chance at being anything better than a bubble team next year but it is what it is. It's not even a guarantee we get Thorpe or Dolezaj. If that happens we are definitely screwed.

Very true. Need to land both of those guys now. If we don't land one or both, next season is going to be rough.

If coaches are not allowed to comment on recruits, how is it ok to have your picture taken with a recruit at your house???
No meetings between players and coaches are supposed to take place outside of the college during the quiet period. But whatever.

Well maybe if the season is a mess than we have junior tyus/tt combo in '18 and make a run. Or maybe notPopcorn and soda

Because he would be so much worse at the pt than Howard?

There's a thing called passing that you have to be good at to be a PG. I haven't seen that yet and if he plays the PT who plays the 2? Moyer?

Because he would be so much worse at the pt than Howard?

Think because then we don't have any wings, at least as of today.

There's a thing called passing that you have to be good at to be a PG. I haven't seen that yet and if he plays the PT who plays the 2? Moyer?
because once again, Howard is such a good passer.

You said Battle could play point, right? He's the only plausible guard we have aside from the staffs inexplicable confidence in Howard.

Who plays the 2 if Battle is at the 1?
I said that battle would play the 1 before he played the 3. He won't play the 3.

Not sure how anyone can already say we won't be good next year. But then again, we all thought we'd be a protected seed in the NCAAs last year around August.

This team most likely has 2 NBA 1st round picks - 1 of which will probably be a lotto pick and a strong candidate for 1st team All-ACC. That's a good building block.

We're young but we have kids with potential. remember how Lydon kind of came out of nowhere his freshman year? Who says Brissett won't do that? Or Sidibe?

JB said Howard will have a Scoop-like turnaround, and I'll give JB the benefit of the doubt in that one.

And, we're not done - we will add 2 more pieces.

Can we wait until at least the first practice until we decide this team stinks?

I hope Battle is ready for a high usage rate next year.

He could have a college equivalent of a Russell Westbrook usage rate.

I hope he does a lot of shoulder workouts this offseason, the weight of the world will be on them this year.

Think because then we don't have any wings, at least as of today.
As of now:

Howard / ??? / Washington
Battle / ???
??? / Brissett
Thompson / Moyer
Chukwu / Sidibe

Im guessing this is where we're at, as of today?

Pretty crazy that Tucker legit makes that team tourney level. He was the perfect fit.

We can say it's Duke or UK or kids with stars in their eyes but at some point, you've got to be able to close. There are too many things lining up against us...Boeheim's age...the Hop situation...missing NCAAs...regular season records that are poor by SU standards...middle of the pack conference records...NCAA sanctions and recruiting restrictions...exclusive zone d...

I have no doubt that opposing teams are hammering us on these things every chance they get and we don't seem to have an answer that's satisfying these kids. Some of these problems are not going to go away come July 1st. Boeheim's going to keep getting older and once we get past the 2018 class, questions will come up again about if he's going to be around to see the following recruiting classes graduate now that he himself has put a deadline on retirement. Next season is make or break in my mind.