Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Is he coming here or not?thoughts

No disrespect to those other schools as they certainly have their pluses. But we're talking about Syracuse vs Oregon vs Georgia Tech. For basketball.

Syracuse is hands down the most successful program of the 3 in most seasons, we're easily the best at putting players in the pros, we have the biggest and best fanbase and it's not close, we get the most national exposure and again it's not close, we have the hall of fame coach, and we have the biggest hole at the position he plays!

I don't know what to make of this, but 247 crystal ball has two more people predicting Tucker will play at Georgia Tech, after the SU visit???

Wonder what if anything this means. Why would they increase his odds of going to GT after his SU visit?

Thoughts???

I don't know what to make of this, but crystal ball has two more people predicting Tucker will play at Georgia Tech, after the SU visit???

Wonder what if anything this means. Why would they increase his odds of going to GT after his SU visit?

Thoughts???
Probably because he didn't commit while here.

I guess I can see that... I would have thought the odds of him coming to SU would have increased.
He's right... it's because he left without committing. But those people know less than the average poster on this board so don't sweat them too much.

I don't know what to make of this, but crystal ball has two more people predicting Tucker will play at Georgia Tech, after the SU visit???

Thoughts???
They still have Indiana leading for him (61%) and they're out. What's up with that? Probably don't know he even visited SU this weekend.

I guess I can see that... I would have thought the odds of him coming to SU would have increased.

Tucker said he was going to decide at the end of the month and probably will. I believe the tweet with our uniform on was a wink to us ,but Given the way things are now a days, I would guess that a player of his caliber wants a little more pomp and circumstance when he announces his decision. Brisset did it on t v at a knicks game. Others have a gathering of friends and family. Just guessing

Thoughts???
I don't think much of it. It still has Indiana at 61 percent. He's not going to Indiana. Not only is Syracuse not listed in the crystal ball, neither is Oregon. And honestly , there is a chance he goes to Georgia Tech unless something has changed. Haven't listened to the new podcast yet.

Okay. We have been on this kid from day 1. If a far west school like Oregon can come in and take him from us at the last minute, we have very serious troubles at Syracuse. I don't think they can.

I didn't say that will happen. Just saying Dorsey's gone and Brooks might very well be next.

I haven't felt good about a recruitment since we signed Malachi. Nothing would surprise me at this point.
especially when people say they feel good how a commitment will go our way , I'm just like yeah let's see the Signed commitment . It's the new age of recruiting at Syracuse.

Oregon was 33-6 , two box outs from the NCAA championship game. Tucker is a likely a one and done. Don't underestimate them, they are evolving into the the premier PAC-12 program.

740243caea013bdb0c63450f01107393497b4bb73679f5846e275bbe2d061966.jpg

If we can't beat out Oregon for a NY kid playing the position we desperately need, I'll seriously start to worry.

Also, People need to pump the brakes on Oregon. UCLA gets exposure, everyone else in that league gets exposure playing against UCLA. Have fun with those late night games nobody cares about.

East Coast Bias and I don't give a ...

I haven't felt good about a recruitment since we signed Malachi. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

I don't have a good feeling about him. I feel like us backing off him is going to prove to be the difference here. If Brooks declares then I think that will be the nail in the coffin. Lots of misses in this recruiting cycle and theirs been a lot of second chances we aren't taking advantage of.

Okay. We have been on this kid from day 1. If a far west school like Oregon can come in and take him from us at the last minute, we have very serious troubles at Syracuse. I don't think they can.

I really, really, really hope you are right. Not saying that you aren't -- just that this is a very important recruit, and losing him despite some of the advantages we have on paper might be a serious red flag about the old man not being capable of recruiting well enough anymore. And I don't say that lightly.

I'm not. let me know when Ayala even takes a visit.

They apparently flew in or will fly in from Eugene to do an in-home visit with Ayala as per Francis.

We really wouldn't have to be stressed about this if it seemed like there were ANY other backup plans. Grad transfers are going elsewhere left and right and will continue to go while we are waiting for 2 prized recruits, we should wait for sure but we will be hurt severely if they do not commit. I understand both sides of the argument because Frank Howard playing crucial minutes scares the living out of me, yet at the same time we have minimal control because of the limited options. While we are not a program that should be considered beggars, that is basically what we are right now because of how late in the process we are getting things rolling, especially when you are given 2nd chances with all these coaching changes and you don't bite on one of them. I understand the staff has their board and they know a lot more about the whole process then me but logic has to dictate they are in panic mode, a few years ago I would never have imagined Cuse ever being in panic mode. I'd like to think Ayala and Tucker will be wearing orange but they are not obligated to sign with us and the further they drag it on the more teams can get in the mix, in the case of Ayala it could even be next season so only time will tell. For the Ayala situation you would have to think people are advising him to be cautious as his interest would heat up if he ended up in the 2018 class and he could be more selective of a fit for his style.