Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

There's a huge difference with us as well, but you won't acknowledge that, just like you won't acknowledge that playing close to home might be an attractive option for Tucker.

We were in the Final Four last year, since Tech went to Ncaa tournament, we have been to two finals fours, an elite 8, and two sweet 16's. We were the last team left out of the field this year, ya things aren't as good as they could be, lets not go overboard though.

We were in the Final Four last year, since Tech went to Ncaa tournament, we have been to two finals fours, an elite 8, and two sweet 16's. We were the last team left out of the field this year, ya things aren't as good as they could be, lets not go overboard though.
I'm not rehashing this nonsense with you.

OK, now that joke time has been completed, further OT posts will be deleted.
People complain and it's just not fair, they don't pay me nearly enough, I swear.
To keep you in line, by my mouse I will linger,
And prepare to exercise my Post-delete Finger™.

Jordan Tucker. :cool:

OK, now that joke time has been completed, further OT posts will be deleted.
People complain and it's just not fair, they don't pay me nearly enough, I swear.
To keep you in line, by my mouse I will linger,
And prepare to exercise my Post-delete Finger™.

Jordan Tucker. :cool:

Not trying to be an instigator here, I am honestly confused here, isn't most of the posts here have a lot to do with Tucker. I totally get that some of these threads get out of hand, like the Andrew White thread last year, I am somewhat to blame for that, what can't we talk about in here?

Jordan Tucker. Not tangents about JB/Bryant/how good or bad GT is, etc.

I would be confident in his coming here if not for his family having recently moved to Atlanta

I agree. That's huge, IMO. The opportunity to play in front of family on a regular basis shouldn't be dismissed.

Making matters worse, I read on this board that his dad was involved in the "Rap" scene down there and Jordan has an interest in it. Can't confirm it.

If we don't get Tucker or Ayala then the legitimate criticism of GMac will only rise.

This guy needs a good recruiting win.

Regardless of who's to blame [which is up for debate], I'm much more concerned about what not landing Tucker would mean for our outside shooting, offensive balance, and roster -- since we don't have another natural SF lined up for next year. Tucker wouldn't have to be a transcendent talent to rectify several of those gaps single-handedly, which is why he'd be a big loss if he goes elsewhere.

Regardless of who's to blame [which is up for debate], I'm much more concerned about what not landing Tucker would mean for our outside shooting, offensive balance, and roster -- since we don't have another natural SF lined up for next year. Tucker wouldn't have to be a transcendent talent to rectify several of those gaps single-handedly, which is why he'd be a big loss if he goes elsewhere.
If we lose Tucker we aren't making the NCAA tournament unless Battle is better than 2012 Dion Waiters and Taureen Thompson is John Wallace like.

I care more about recruiting wins so we can have confidence Hop has been replaced.

One minute of basketball has yet to be played and we're already talking about who's not making the tournament. Walker isn't Jesus. Take a breath for a minute and log off for a few days.
Have you looked at our roster?

Be patient?

It's freaking late April and we have 8 scholarship players.

Hopefully we get Tucker. He is critical too next year being a decent season.
2 grad transfers with our current roster is a worse team last year's team and that was a bubble team in a soft bubble season.

I think if we are able to get Tucker and find another 5th year pg we will be in a good shape. Potentially better shape next year than we would have been with Ayala. Granted Ayala would have been better long term but there are a lot of good point and combo guards in 2018 and I would like to believe we can land one if we focus on more than one of them at a time.

I think if we are able to get Tucker and find another 5th year pg we will be in a good shape. Potentially better shape next year than we would have been with Ayala. Granted Ayala would have been better long term but there are a lot of good point and combo guards in 2018 and I would like to believe we can land one if we focus on more than one of them at a time.
Yep.

I tend to agree with this. I want to have spots available for a reinvigorated JB. Plus, a 5th year PG should provide some stability. I think Gillon did well, but I don't think he was a true PG. We need a true PG.

Agree 100% -- but the key is landing them. Thorpe would be a hellulva 1 year Band-Aid if we miss out on Ayala reclassifying. But we need to land BOTH that 5th year guard and Tucker. If we do, I could see next year being a top 20 type of season. If we don't, it is hard to envision next year's offense being effectual.

I think that's good. That's good right?
Good, in that if it means he is not going there, it is one less school to compete with. I still see G-Tech as a huge threat. As I and many others have said, the value of playing home in front of family is immeasurable to some. I realize he is from NY, but his family is in Georgia now.