Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Yeah. I wasn't sure if there was some GT related news that I had missed to put that into context.

Yeah I'm not taking it personally. I am just shocked that some Syracuse fans are acting like "look at me, we are the greatest" like SEC fans. (ACC is actually the best in both sports but that's another story) My opinion of Syracuse fans had been smart basketball IQ and class act...I guess it's different on message boards lol.

Anyways, things have changed and I now believe GT has caught back up to SU, and will try to seal the deal on his official.

Oregon is out as they have 4 players ahead of them on their board. Syracuse still has a solid chance, and this will go down to the last few days.
I've missed the last couple pages, but when is Tucker's official to Tech? I remember him saying he wanted his recruitment wrapped up by the end of April, which is this weekend. :noidea:

I've missed the last couple pages, but when is Tucker's official to Tech? I remember him saying he wanted his recruitment wrapped up by the end of April, which is this weekend. :noidea:
It's this weekend.

I've been lurking in these threads lately, rather than posting. I didn't want to get caught up in the poster on poster violence.

If right now we could flip a coin to determine whether Tucker winds up at GA Tech or Syracuse, I'd sign up for that. Wish we had the last visit. The way I look at it, we weren't even a factor for Tucker a couple months ago, so this isn't too bad a spot. But unfortunately we do need Tucker in a major way. I hope he realizes he can follow a similar path to Malachi in our system. Georgia Tech can't say something similar. Still shocked we don't know who Plan B is. Ridiculous really. It would've helped to have some leverage with JT too.

I've been lurking in these threads lately, rather than posting. I didn't want to get caught up in the poster on poster violence.

If right now we could flip a coin to determine whether Tucker winds up at GA Tech or Syracuse, I'd sign up for that. Wish we had the last visit. The way I look at it, we weren't even a factor for Tucker a couple months ago, so this isn't too bad a spot. But unfortunately we do need Tucker in a major way. I hope he realizes he can follow a similar path to Malachi in our system. Georgia Tech can't say something similar. Still shocked we don't know who Plan B is. Ridiculous really. It would've helped to have some leverage with JT too.

Are we seriously going to lose this kid to Gt?

Are we seriously going to lose this kid to Gt?

If we don't wind up getting Tucker its because we stopped recruiting him for a long time. We have tried pretty hard to get him here late and its still a possibility but the kid just moved down there and obviously enjoys living there.

Tucker didn't make the trip to ORE
How can this be? Oregon has all that Phil Knight money and great facilities, the best facilities. Dana Altman is a terrific coach who really has something cooking up there, believe me. No way Tucker's sleeping on the Duke of the Pacific Northwest.

How can this be? Oregon has all that Phil Knight money and great facilities, the best facilities. Dana Altman is a terrific coach who really has something cooking up there, believe me. No way Tucker's sleeping on the Duke of the Pacific Northwest.
Was it all hot AIR?

No we're not. We don't have Lydon anymore and nothing even close coming in to replace him.

Even if we are where we were how did that pan out?
I meant the number of roster spots taken and the number available. It doesn't matter how it panned out, all that matters is what's possible. It's possible to add quality players over the summer. Period. End of story.

If we don't wind up getting Tucker its because we stopped recruiting him for a long time. We have tried pretty hard to get him here late and its still a possibility but the kid just moved down there and obviously enjoys living there.

Bingo

Exactly, I don't know if anyone thinks he's unemployable. I think a lot of people just wish he was given responsibilities more in line with his skill level and utilize other resources on staff.
Is unemployable a word?

It is more of Oregon backing off him then him shying away from the Ducks. They have a couple recruits and grad transfers ahead of him on the list.

Yeah, because we all want SU to miss the tourney and lose more games than any Boeheim coached team has ever lost.
It's also going to be tough to add players that had the same impact White and Gillon had towards winning games. I'm hoping Tucker commits and we can add a proven scoring guard like Geno Thorpe, Elijah Brown (not happening), Kassius Robertson, etc that shoots well from 3. Unfortunately, most of the top players have either chosen their destination or have narrowed their choices down. No mention of Syracuse anywhere.

No doubt. It's actually somewhat surprising how into SU he's been considering we told him to kick rocks last fall.

No doubt. It's actually somewhat surprising how into SU he's been considering we told him to kick rocks last fall.

I don't get it, it sounds like the kid is really into Su, what is the holdback?

Tucker isn't a one and done that is why he is beyond huge.

If he was good enough to be a one and done we will have had a great season from him.

This recruitment is the key to the 2017.

The grad transfer we are pursuing has been stated in this thread.

Tucker and that guard we are a tournament team next year.

I still like our chances with Tucker personally. I think the fact we are still in it when we told him to take a hike before tells you everything you need to know. He has been down in Atlanta a year and could have committed there. People need to look at it from the opposite point of view. We left and came back in and he took a visit and posted pictures wearing Cuse gear. Imagine if the roles were reversed.