Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

The recruiting pitch close for Tucker really should be a layup. Other than playing in front of family in Atlanta (which I understand has its appeal), Syracuse has infinitely more to sell that Georgia freaking Tech, including immediately available playing time at SF, a HALL OF FAME coach, the Melo Center, a rabid and loyal fan base, high-profile games in front of 35,000 fans inside one of the most iconic college basketball arenas in the country, coaches that have a long and strong history of developing players for the NBA (9 first round draft picks and 5 2nd round picks in the last 9 years alone), and a family atmosphere (with 5 decades of JB's former players to back in up). JB has also coached the best players in the world, including LeBron, Westbrook, Durant, Melo, etc., in 3 straight Olympics.

I get that Syracuse doesn't engage in negative recruiting, but here's the brass tacks closing argument Cuse surrogates should use on Tucker: Do you want to play in the NCAA tournament and advance far in said tournament? Percentage-wise, Boeheim and Syracuse is by far the best coach and program (among your final schools) to get you where you want to go. Josh Pastner has been a chronic underachiever. Don't let a one-year aberration mask that. He's been to only 4 NCAA tournaments in 8 seasons as a head coach (50 percent success rate) and he's only 2-4 in that tourney. He's proven virtually nothing at Georgia Tech so far (last year's 11th place finish notwithstanding). Boeheim's been doing this thing for 41 YEARS. He's made it to 32 NCAA tournaments in 41 seasons on the bench. He's 57-31 in the tourney, leading the program to 2 Final Fours in the last 5 seasons alone (6 Final Fours overall). That's an actual, real track record winning NCAA tournament games. You're infinitely better off taking your chances with SU and JB if you want to play in the NCAA tourney and have a chance to shine in front of NBA scouts on the biggest stage. Again, I can't stress this enough: Boeheim has won 57 NCAA tourney games. Pastner? 2. Goodnight.

I get that Syracuse doesn't engage in negative recruiting, but here's the brass tacks closing argument Cuse surrogates should use on Tucker: Do you want to play in the NCAA tournament and advance far in said tournament? Percentage-wise, Boeheim and Syracuse is by far the best coach and program (among your final schools) to get you where you want to go. Josh Pastner has been a chronic underachiever. Don't let a one-year aberration mask that. He's been to only 4 NCAA tournaments in 8 seasons as a head coach (50 percent success rate) and he's only 2-4 in that tourney. He's proven virtually nothing at Georgia Tech so far (last year's 11th place finish notwithstanding). Boeheim's been doing this thing for 41 YEARS. He's made it to 32 NCAA tournaments in 41 seasons on the bench. He's 57-31 in the tourney, leading the program to 2 Final Fours in the last 5 seasons alone (6 Final Fours overall). That's an actual, real track record winning NCAA tournament games. You're infinitely better off taking your chances with SU and JB if you want to play in the NCAA tourney and have a chance to shine in front of NBA scouts on the biggest stage. Again, I can't stress this enough: Boeheim has won 57 NCAA tourney games. Pastner? 2. Goodnight.
Where do I sign?

Love it all.

Question is why has our recruiting fallen off so far with all of these accolades.

I have a few ideas and it's a shame because theyre avoidable thing.

I would like your post but I'm already liking another post right now and it wouldn't be fair. I mean I wouldn't want to hurt that persons feeling.
I see what you did there. Good thing I liked your comment first! Now no one else can like it!!

What are the odds that Jordan Tucker has read / is reading this thread? Maybe 80% chance?

If he is reading it, how effective is it in terms of negative recruiting against Syracuse? We're on page 80 something before a post finds its way into this with somebody giving positives about SU. Why worry about what other schools are saying to cast Cuse in a negative light when you can hear it directly from our fans?

What are the odds that Jordan Tucker has read / is reading this thread? Maybe 80% chance?

If he is reading it, how effective is it in terms of negative recruiting against Syracuse? We're on page 80 something before a post finds its way into this with somebody giving positives about SU. Why worry about what other schools are saying to cast Cuse in a negative light when you can hear it directly from our fans?

Here's the flip side to that...IF he is in fact reading this he could be thinking, "man at least this school HAS FANS that talk about the program." Or maybe he has always dreamed of playing in front of 6800 gt fans every night. Heck we probably have 6800 posters on here following right now.

You have a point. On the other hand, how many schools would have an 80 page thread about a 4 star recruit? Granted, some of this discussion is off topic, but most of it relates to Tucker, Cuse, GaTech, etc.

The recruiting pitch close for Tucker really should be a layup. Other than playing in front of family in Atlanta (which I understand has its appeal), Syracuse has infinitely more to sell that Georgia freaking Tech, including immediately available playing time at SF, a HALL OF FAME coach, the Melo Center, a rabid and loyal fan base, high-profile games in front of 35,000 fans inside one of the most iconic college basketball arenas in the country, coaches that have a long and strong history of developing players for the NBA (9 first round draft picks and 5 2nd round picks in the last 9 years alone), and a family atmosphere (with 5 decades of JB's former players to back in up). JB has also coached the best players in the world, including LeBron, Westbrook, Durant, Melo, etc., in 3 straight Olympics.

All great points. Only mistake is 5 final fours, not 6.

There is a lot of elitism on this forum. Sure, I want us to get tucker as much as the next fan on this forum. However, I believe he will make his decision on less theoretical factors. How much does he want to play in front of his family? Does he want to play zone? How well does he get along with his future coaches and teammates? Does he believe either program will really enhance his NBA chances? Imho, these are the factors that will drive his decision.

I know kids talk but I don't get this one. Why is Tucker basing his decision strictly on others? Doesn't make sense to me why he wouldn't make his own decision.
Kids have lots of reasons. My son just crossed a school off his list because his buddy, who plays the same position as he does and is a year earlier, just committed there.

Kids have lots of reasons. My son just crossed a school off his list because his buddy, who plays the same position as he does and is a year earlier, just committed there.
I totally get that. Same position would be awfully tough.

Not sure if the silence on the Tucker thread is a good or bad thing. He should be on his G Tech official right about now.

Hopefully we get an answer one way or another sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed he wears orange like he did in that photo at the Melo center.

Not sure if the silence on the Tucker thread is a good or bad thing. He should be on his G Tech official right about now.

Hopefully we get an answer one way or another sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed he wears orange like he did in that photo at the Melo center.

Shoot you think this is silence on him you should check out the gt forum on him. They have barely been talking about him...although that could be because we have more fans on this site then they get at their home games :)

GT board seems to think the OV must've changed dates due to their staff out recruiting.
I hope that's not the case. Gives UK, Duke and UNC time to get involved late if they miss out on other top recruits like Knox.

Unless Tucker wants to stick to his timeline. You snooze, GT, you lose.

I hope that's not the case. Gives UK, Duke and UNC time to get involved late if they miss out on other top recruits like Knox.

Unless Tucker wants to stick to his timeline. You snooze, GT, you lose.
Or maybe GT staff knows something we don't, and feel they have bargaining power...

Or maybe GT staff knows something we don't, and feel they have bargaining power...

I don't think they have a great idea about what's going to unfold to be honest. They have been recruiting hard and have been looking at grad transfers as well...i think they are just waiting for someone to commit and then roll with it...tucker I think is sticking to his plan although as day 2 mentioned above I hope he make his decision this week like he intended to because the longer he does wait the more opportunity for one of the big dogs to throw their hat in the ring...and Tucker may very well be waiting for that scenario to unfold knowing he can always come back to us or gt at any given time. I think he has all the bargaining power at the moment because he knows the schools that want him badly right now don't have too many other options.

Or they feel that he's not going there. With no info, we can interpret things however we'd like to. I have no inclination as to where he's going. When he decides, we'll know.